News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Cory phone is finished

Started by mienaichizu, April 11, 2010, 07:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Hi guys, after been out of the forums lately, I finished restoring the Yellow AE 80 I posted before. It looks much clean today as compared to the day I bought it home. Although some scars are left because it is too deep to sand. Here are some photos. The first photo is how it looks before I restored it.

bwanna

nice work, ramil. i like the AE80, too. glad to see you working on phones again  :)
donna

mienaichizu

thanks Donna, I found time working on it again last Friday because its holiday here in the Philippines

Dan

Nice job! Is that one soft plastic or ABS? I'm guessing ABS due to the ear cap.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

paul-f

Nice work!  What a difference!

The nickname for your phone caught my attention, as I have a Cory phone in my collection.  It's from a different era and looks a bit different than yours...
  http://www.paul-f.com/wallset.htm#Cory
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dennis Markham

Great improvement Ramil!  Nice job!

Jester

Very nice, Ramil!  Welcome Back!
Stephen

McHeath

I remember that you were working on this phone, it's great to see it finished and looking so good!  Does it work well?

JorgeAmely

Very Nice Ramil. Do you have any under the hood pictures?
Jorge

Dan/Panther

Ramil;
Excellent work !
Now if you could only make it rain.....
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

mienaichizu

Thanks everyone! ;D

@ Dan, phone casing is ABS

@ paul-f, its nice to see you join us here in the forums, although late, I would still like to give you a warm welcome.

I named it Cory phone because of the late first Philippine female president, Cory Aquino uses the color yellow as her symbol. I also remember the day when I bought this phone, It was also the day after she died.

@ Jorge Amely, I'll try to take photos of the inside and post it here in the forums

savageje

Looks great!  The AE80 is one of my favorite phones.  I like the 500 sets, but AE's take on the 500 style has a "funkiness" about it that is cool.

foots

That AE is looking good Ramil. I really like the color.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

mienaichizu

As per request of Jorge Amely, here's the under the hood photo
As you can see, rusts are evident near the feet screws

JorgeAmely

Ramil:

You could remove the ringer and some other components and remove the rust with a Dremel tool.
Jorge