"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Does anyone use dish network? i need info please

Started by RB, September 11, 2019, 11:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

I got a box of stuff the other day.
it has 4 cigar box sized things, I assume one for each tv?
and 1 large 3 sided tower.
Anybody into these things?
Any one lookin for this  stuff?
Maybe a trade?

Babybearjs

I rercycled a bunch of old recievers for dish. a neighbor was moving and was going to toss them... thought I could salvage the hard drives out of the DVR's.... Wrong! wound up just getting RCA and coax Cabling for the job. wound up taking the whole lot to the electronics recycler... in my opinion Dish isin't worth the time. its too expensive,  always out of date and not worth spending the money on.... unless you are glued to your TV... a regular roof antenna would be a better bargain.... now a days, you can get over 50 FREE channels on regular TV.... so... how much TV do you watch to justify getting dish, direct, or Cable TV???
John

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on September 12, 2019, 06:30:06 PMin my opinion Dish isin't worth the time. its too expensive,  always out of date and not worth spending the money on....

Sounds just like Sky TV over here in the UK (the sole subscription satellite TV provider, with cable being from VirginMedia), just not worth the money, especially with streaming being more convenient and with better choice...