News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help with a push button Payphone keypad issue

Started by mephonehome, June 17, 2019, 10:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

Ok, I looked at the sheet, your dial is not listed, so tomorrow I'll get my newer sheet, it should show the C dial, and connections. I don't have it in the house. But in the mean time tell me the chassis number, it's marked down by the captive screw to hold it in the phone. That's important, because I need to know if you have a C type, or D type.
It should be a 32B.
KEN

mephonehome

I bought a replacement keypad just in case. It seems NOS dated 2-99 but my original is from 85" and is metal. I like metal and American made versus R.O.C. Taiwan.

mephonehome

This is a photo of the back of the (71C) keypad/electronic board.

Key2871

Here's, a couple I found..
KEN

Key2871

I have a new phone, so I'm still trying to get used to it.
With out sending a hard copy, that's the best I can do.
Hope it works for you. If you want a hard copy, send me a pm and I'll send it to you.
KEN

dkirwin87

Hello Everyone, sorry to revive an old thread but i am having a very similar issue. Western Electric Payphone made by AT&T circa 1993, it has a 32C board and the 70c dial. I have hooked up tip and ring and the phone rings and transmits and receives. The only issue is i cannot dial. The dial will quiet the dial tone when you push buttons but does not send any pulses. When the phone is off the hook coins will be diverted to the coin bin, when hungup they go to the return slot. Any ideas?

FABphones

Quote from: dkirwin87 on June 01, 2022, 03:43:32 PMHello Everyone, sorry to revive an old thread...
Nice to see older threads bumped. Good information to be found on many of them.  :)

Here is another good read which may help. Restoration work on Button Keypads.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14088
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble