News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A White 440?? on eBay

Started by Babybearjs, February 04, 2018, 07:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:) I was surprised to see this.... does anyone know who could have done this? White powdercoating from the looks of it...  nice job... I had one of these once, donated it and kind of wish I had kept it... but no biggy.. enclosed is a picture of my blue 464.... kind of nice to se another colored phone in the 400 series.... luv these phones!
John

Jim Stettler

I think come under "nicely Painted telephones"
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Pourme

I saw that white one on EBAY. What I was wondering about was the black buttons rather than clear.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

poplar1

Quote from: Pourme on February 04, 2018, 11:01:47 PM
I saw that white one on EBAY. What I was wondering about was the black buttons rather than clear.

440 model did not have lamps. 444 did, so they required clear keys.

Not all sets with clear keys had lamps. Some phone companies specified that the WE repair shops replace the black keys with clear ones on the 440s and 460s.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

the 440 series was available with or without illumination. the one that's shown is a 440-C-03 (originally black) but was repainted in white... the unit is a 4 line pickup only phone ( no hold button) the one I had was identical to this one, except all black. the one I had was the same type, made with the metal shell as opposed to the thermoplastic shell. the one I have currently has the clear buttons and is illuminated, it also has a thermoplastic shell. The TCI Library has the Practice showing the different options, 502-435-100.
John

Pourme

My attraction to that phone is as unnatural as is it's color ....

Somebody please buy it and take it home.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Babybearjs

No Thank you, I have enough of them already......
John