and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New to me AE 182's

Started by stub, October 03, 2010, 02:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Is it possible to make it easy?
I guess so.
I just had to make an adapter after my own head.

New thinking, and ending up not far from earlier suggestions.
4x 1/4 W resistors of 91 kOhms in series between the 230V tapping out 1/2 voltage over the 2 middle resistors.  
I just hope it will work. I had to test out design and production.  Lots of glue  :-\ but it looks not bad.

Look at the way the AE cord is secured.   ;D

dsk

Edit: diagram attached.

stub

d_s_k ,
             That looks great!! You will need to move the yellow wire over to green L2 side . Will that size cable come out the bottom of your phone where the the off,dim and bright slide switch would be ?
Do you still need the AE current limiting plug?  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

dsk

Thank you, but I think this is the way to do it here, so I don't need the original plug. If it doesent work, I have to experiment a little with resistors, but I 'm quite sure this will do the job.

:D

dsk

PS Should probably been more accurate with the colors red Blue and Black but they are intended to deliver AC so it doesent really matter.

Thank you for the tip about Yellow green.   Have to find a black cord to the black wall telephone.

DS

Bamagirl88

Hey Stub,
I'm Sherry from Alabama & Good Morning to you,
I'm new to the site and a Newby so I'm learning.  I have a silly question-what does AE stand for?
Thanks, Sherry or (Bamagirl88)
Just call me Sherry from Alabama Roll Tide Roll!

stub

Sherry,
             Automatic Electric. Welcome to the Forum!!! I hope you can get the fading out without sanding!!!!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield