News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Best eBay Sniping Tool

Started by HarrySmith, May 19, 2013, 04:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Recent discussions led me to look at a couple of sniping sites. I have not used one but I have thought about it and I am seriously considering signing up. Since there are so many of us using eBay I imagine there are a lot of favorites out there. Lets here about yours! Please include a link.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

I've only ever used the one, myibidder.com, using the free web-based version, aswell as their addon for firefox so you can add items to the bidding list right from the ebay item page by integrating a little button (looks like a radiation symbol for some reason) into the page, plus it's free and simple to use... :)

It has had the odd issue in the past where it doesn't remember to bid and I've lost a couple of items because of it, but those have usually been during high-traffic times of the day...

A lot of the time I use it because of my sleep disorder, like earlier today I won that GPO Handset 17A, and I was fast asleep when the sniper tool did it's duty and bid on my behalf, very rarely do I use it in anger to bid on something no matter the cost (mostly because I'm a cheapskate, and don't have a lot of money free to play with), I only enter amounts I'm willing to pay or have available, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, but it's no different to me sitting at my computer and bidding the same amounts manually at the last second... :)

AMCer

YOU - A human will beat the best snipe tools if he does it right.

Doug Rose

Quote from: AMCer on May 19, 2013, 05:21:23 PM
Agreed...never used a snipe, never will. They get way too much of you personal information....Doug
Kidphone

twocvbloke

Quote from: AMCer on May 19, 2013, 05:21:23 PM

Unless you're like me and can't control their sleeping patterns and miss most of what you're after cos you're fast asleep... :D

Dennis Markham

I've used mybidder.com many times.  Works every time if you put enough money down for your bid.

Sargeguy

I use EZsniper but they charge a fee.  A human may beat sniping software, unless that human is out enjoying life and not sitting by the computer watching the auction timer count down.  That's why I use eZsniper, I can set my max price and forget about the auction.  I don't get caught up in bidding wars or stress out when I lose by a buck
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

AMCer

"A human may beat sniping software, unless that human is out enjoying life and not sitting by the computer watching the auction timer count down."

Obviously, you have never had that Hello Kitty mud flaps auction pop up on your Watching List!