News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blondie Rides Again

Started by Doug Rose, June 06, 2013, 06:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Janet is putting me to shame. She met a vendor at our Flea Market a few Weeks ago who collects old radios. She bought a few phones from him and he said he had boxes more. He didn't lie. She done real good! There are some real beauties here.....Doug
Kidphone

Gilas

Good is an understatement lol

poplar1

What is the date on the red 500D? Is the North brown painted black or black painted brown?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Phonesrfun

Looks like Dagwood owes Blondie a club sandwich!
-Bill G

AE40FAN

Soft red 500 with grey straight cords and a brown North..yes please!!

HarrySmith

WOW! Nice haul ;D
I will pick mine up tomorrow ::)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: poplar1 on June 06, 2013, 06:58:58 PM
What is the date on the red 500D? Is the North brown painted black or black painted brown?
Red 500 with the straight gray handset cord is dated 2/55. It has a red cloth line cord, just like a Pekin red 302. The North is brown and was painted black. Both sets have no chips or cracks. Nothing has been opened. What a great find...Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

Is that a MEDDITERANIAN BLUE TRIMLINE? With the early jack??

Ben

Jim Stettler

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 06, 2013, 09:19:02 PM

Ben
Close enough in color, probably 1975-76, Could be 83 though. Western electric never stopped making the large mod housing, they used adapters and later they had a molded mini mod jack with a lot of clear plastic.  I was told they did a limited release of trimlines in the 302 colors around 1975-76. In 1983 the colors started poping up again.

I have some of the blue trimlines as well as Old Rose.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Jim S. on June 06, 2013, 09:48:58 PM

Ben
Close enough in color, probably 1975-76, Could be 83 though. Western electric never stopped making the large mod housing, they used adapters and later they had a molded mini mod jack with a lot of clear plastic.  I was told they did a limited release of trimlines in the 302 colors around 1975-76. In 1983 the colors started poping up again.

I have some of the blue trimlines as well as Old Rose.
Jim

Ok, thanks.. I didn't know, I thought they made big cutouts only in the 60's...

Ben

ESalter

I believe when they started making the square button Trimlines is when they started using the regular modular jacks on the handsets.  I think rotaries of that era had the small jacks too, but I'm not 100% sure.  I don't think the bases ever had different plastics though.

---Eric

AE40FAN

Doug, where in the world are you going to put all of these phones or are you planning on selling?  Should we be keeping an eye out on eBay?

Doug Rose

Ben
Ben...it is a blue trimeline, needs a handset cord
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: AE40FAN on June 06, 2013, 10:25:47 PM
Doug, where in the world are you going to put all of these phones or are you planning on selling?  Should we be keeping an eye out on eBay?
I will be refurbing and selling as there is no room in the Phone room. I found an outstanding  outside terminal candlestick receiver in one of the boxes. I'll check for manufacture this weekend. Jan done good!
Kidphone

Tom B

Janet really did do well there, Doug. Like others I really like the red 500 with the straight grey handset cord.
Tom