News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I love old rotaries!

Started by Bustercat, July 24, 2010, 01:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustercat

Since getting an bluetooth I'm using my 500s and 300s exclusively in the house.

I love the the weight, smell, the feel, the clunk when you hang up.
Best of all, I love dialing.

It's gotten to the point that I go to the room where my cell is parked when I need a number, look it up on the phone, write it down, and then go back to the other room to dial it on a rotary.

I'm halfway across the country and my fingers are literally aching to dial something. Like a stressball or typing on an old underwood, the tactile feeling is otherworldly. You really come to crave it.

I think I have the bug bad.   ;D

paul-f

Quote from: Bustercat on July 24, 2010, 01:14:01 AM

I think I have the bug bad.   ;D

WE all know how contagious that bug is.  I hope you're running around the country spreading it far and wide.  We should be getting more forum members soon!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Greg G.

Quote from: Bustercat on July 24, 2010, 01:14:01 AM
It's gotten to the point that I go to the room where my cell is parked when I need a number, look it up on the phone, write it down, and then go back to the other room to dial it on a rotary.

I do that sometimes, except my cell is next to the rotary phone.  I also have just a paper list of names and phone numbers that I keep handy, but not all my contacts on my cell are on the paper copy.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

i used to know all my frequently called numbers. by the time i had dialed a number a couple times it would be commited to memory. now the numbers are in the cell phone's "memory". good thing i guess...as my memory isn't what it used to be ::)
donna

HarrySmith

Sonds like a very advanced stage of the rotary disease ::)
Welcome to the madness ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

Whenever I leave the house  I make sure to take and old rotary 7C with me and keep one in the glove box.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

You are clearly doomed!   ;)

Tonyrotary

Next to my Erico phone is my cordless phone. I have several times used the cordless to do the dialing from its phonebook then use the Erico to do the taliking.

gpo706

Cordless phone? What nonsense Tony, everybody knows you need cords to make a phone work, - and a dial.

It'll never catch on you know...
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Tonyrotary