News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

That's it! You're all set to clean SxS banks. Well, as soon as you find some Freon.... Freon isn't  sounding right all of a sudden...may just have that stick in the "now banned chemicals" portion of my brain. It will come to me...maybe. I have some more of those disposable rollers and probably the handle for them as well.

Terry

wds

The North phone cleaned up pretty well, but looks like the ringer has been replaced. 
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on February 19, 2018, 03:28:25 PM
The North phone cleaned up pretty well, but looks like the ringer has been replaced. 

That looks like one of those military ringers which I have found in some of my phones.  This phone probably originally had a frequency ringer in it.  These are stylish phones, and collectors pay plenty for them in any color other than black.

Larry

wds

Western Electric Pulsing Test Set.
Dave

wds

T&N phone, looks like new.
Dave

AE_Collector

Probably TN, not T&N? And then would that be TeleNorm?

Terry

Haf

T&N is correct, Telefonbau & Normalzeit GmbH (T&N) pre 1985, after renamed Telenorma, 2000 Tenovis and 2004 sold to US unter the name Avaya.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

wds

Volt Meter.  Quite large and heavy - 1907 patent date.

An odd contraption of a telephone.
Dave

wds

Here's another interesting butt set.  E1 handset with #2 dial.  And it works.
Dave

wds

Test Set of some sort.  Has all the parts of a telephone, including a ringer.   Works, but it seems like it might have been a little easier to just carry around a 302.
Dave

wds

I'm just starting to look at all the wood phones, and came across this 160-AC.  Does anyone know how this was used?
Dave

wds

Does anyone know what this is?  Can't tell if it's a ringer or loudspeaker? 
Dave

HarrySmith

Is there anything inside the tube?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

160 AC box was used by railroads.special key switches or a special lever dial encoder  would step the switch under the clear cover to the satation you wanted to call and it would ring that large DC ringer on the front

poplar1

Quote from: wds on April 18, 2018, 01:51:14 PM
Does anyone know what this is?  Can't tell if it's a ringer or loudspeaker? 

S1A ringer (warbler)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.