News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Documents for telephone and more..

Started by Contempra, September 28, 2013, 08:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

I think that's the most bla sight I've seen since I've been on the computer, though very useful.

Ben

G-Man

TCI member Sam Etler has scanned and compiled and extensive (and very impressive) library of Bell System Practices and is also a frequent contributor to the TCI Library.

In fact, both of these resources are most likely the largest on-line repositories devoted to telecom documents in the world.

The TCI Library alone has over 10,000 scanned documents available for free on-line and Sam's collection in itself is also quite large.

Even as large as they are, there are still gaps that need to be filled. This is why it is a good reason to loan your telephone company practices and other important documentation to the library for scanning.

What is really amazing about this is that all of this was done by TCI members volunteering their time and expertise to scan these documents and upload them to the Library.

So please loan your documentation to the Library today to fill in some of those gaps.

WesternElectricBen

Yeah, I agree with G-Man. Who ever can have enough patience to scan it all in is pretty amazing!

Ben 

AE_Collector

Agreed here as well. Nothing more borring than scanning large volumes of paperwork. I always get hung up on whether I should be scanning in this resolution or that resolution and even the format to scan in so even when I am scanning I still have doubts.

Terry