News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Bell System Conference Calling Phone with Microphones???

Started by Snake, February 26, 2012, 03:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

So today at the flea market I was lucky enough to notice a bell logo on a black case in amongst some household items. I opened it up and I didn't have any idea what it was, but when the guy said "3 bucks for the phone". I didn't really care what it was. It seems to be some kind of conference system? And it came with two microphones? It's in good condition other then a little discoloration on the plastic it doesn't look like it's been out of the case much of it's life. The bottom of the phone looks brand new. The thing weighs a metric ton. I took some pictures of it. Hopefully you can give me a better understanding of what it was used for, also are these systems considered not really common to find? Thanks for your help! ;D

Also I took some pictures of some notes that were included in the case including a memo, and instructions for the phone. I don't want to flood this thread with all the pictures I took of it. If your interested you can see the rest here:
http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x348/tetrapod_herpetological/Telephones/

rdelius

I have 2 of these sets also.Never seen a Touch Tone one though.This was used for conference calls.there is a built in microphone plus 2 portable microphones that could be switched on or off.Polycom makes a modern version. Mine has an American Bell sticker and a 1984? date. Was military surplus
Robby

G-Man

Not particularly rare since they show up on eBay from time-to-time.

This may help you decipher it:
                 http://tinyurl.com/7j966ul

paul-f

I've had several of them over the years and have found them to be very well done.  You're fortunate to have one with the cord retractor.  Most I've seen have been the cost-reduced version with a coiled handset cord (see photo).

For Robby, here are some photos of touch tone sets.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

rdelius

Never have seen a Tone set or a cord retractor .Any date codes?
Robby

Snake

The only Identifying markings I could see I took photos of, and they can be seen in my album link. I don't recall one however.

paul-f

Here's the bottom of the second TT set shown above.  2 71.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Snake