News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My First Imperial!

Started by SunriseEarth, September 01, 2018, 04:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunriseEarth

I picked this up on eBay for $39.99!   The plating is worn in places and the 685A subset isn't exactly the most elegant look, but I really can't complain for the price.

Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Pourme

I'm a big fan of Continentals and Imperials...They can be like a secondary strain within the main Phoneitis affliction.

You got a good deal...enjoy!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, you got a great deal!

$40 for the phone alone was definitely a steal, but adding the original subset into the deal makes it all the more worth it.

Yours is in much better shape than usual. Mine came with heavily chipped plating on the cradle ears, incorrect fingerwheel, almost completely disintegrated cord, no subset, and paint bubbling off the handset, at a price over twice the cost of yours!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

oldguy

Nice find great price, like Benny, I'm a fan of Imperials & Continentals too.
Gary

SunriseEarth

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on September 01, 2018, 10:15:09 AM
Wow, you got a great deal!

$40 for the phone alone was definitely a steal, but adding the original subset into the deal makes it all the more worth it.

Yours is in much better shape than usual. Mine came with heavily chipped plating on the cradle ears, incorrect fingerwheel, almost completely disintegrated cord, no subset, and paint bubbling off the handset, at a price over twice the cost of yours!

The subset is newer (IIRC, the date at the bottom is 1983) and there is a grey cord between the base and the subset.   The mounted modular jack is also unique.   However, I consider it an interesting part of the phone's history, so I'm not inclined to make any changes.   The clothed coiled cord between the handset and base is present and in good condition.

There is some plating that has worn off at the base and some paint has worn from the caps and the switchhook.  But overall, it's in great condition, especially at the price. 
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893