News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red 1565 Keyset

Started by Dave F, October 25, 2010, 01:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave F

I won this red 1565HK keyset yesterday on eBay.  It looks like it will need some clean-up, but this is a pretty rare phone in a tough-to-find color.  As a lover of both keysets and 10-button TT phones, this certainly fits the bill.  I now have three 1565s -- this red one, a gray, and a yellow.

HarrySmith

Nice one, you got a good collection going there ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

I was watching the same auction.   Lucky Man!  I see it as a nice addition to anyone's collection. 
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dave F

Quote from: Russkirk on October 25, 2010, 03:05:58 PM
I was watching the same auction.   Lucky Man!  I see it as a nice addition to anyone's collection. 
Yeah, it's a dandy.  No matter what negative things anybody has to say about eBay, it really is a terrific marketplace.  The problem is that everybody else can also see everything!  This phone wasn't cheap, but I'm not likely to see another red one anytime soon.

AE_Collector

Love the matching red faceplate on that one too.

Terry

Dave F

Quote from: ae_collector on October 25, 2010, 07:39:34 PM
Love the matching red faceplate on that one too.

Terry
I did everything I possibly could to impress upon the seller the importance of secure packing.  It would be virtually impossible to ever find a replacement for that faceplate.  I would not appreciate a repeat of my AE34 experience.  Here's hoping...

ESalter

I have a story about ten button key sets.  I was still in high school, so it would have been 2003 or so, I'm guessing.  Our central office here(Clinton, IA) had a big metal bell logo on the side of the building(like many others).  I noticed one day it was gone and replaced by a Qwest sign and the bell logo was sitting inside the main door of the building in plain sight.  So, I went to the back door and rang the doorbell.  The CO manager told me he saved it to give to the Pioneers.  In the process I spotted a green ten button keyset through one of the back windows sitting on a desk.  I asked about it and was told "everything in here is Bell system property, nothing can leave the building." and he essentially shut the door in my face.   ...if only I would have found someone a little nicer.

Really nice looking phone though, I really like the looks of the early ones with the clear grooved faceplates.

---Eric