Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

finlover

Now how could I have a name like finlover and NOT have one of these?!  I had to get rid of the flames though--those were just tacky. ;D

Adam

Oh!  Silly me!  I thought it was because you were from Finland!

:)
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

AE_Collector

I'll make it easier for everyone by posting the picture. That way when the ebay auction is over but this thread lives on, we can still make jokes about finlover!

It seems like they could have easily added some low profile tires in place of the feet and then the phone wouldn't be quite as much of a "low rider".

I tried blowing up the picture to see the extra 2 buttons on the bottom row and would say that the far left one is Flash and the far right one is Redial. In between them are the usual * 0 #.

Terry

finlover

I think these are the fins they were going for--'58 Cadillac

finlover

My dream phone is a rotary with either of THESE sets of fins! :o

bingster

Now, if somebody could create a phone with the King of Tailfins:
= DARRIN =

finlover

Amen, brother!!   But maybe we're taking the wrong approach.  Maybe we need to figure out a way to mount a giant rotary dial to a classic car!  Your Imperial already has the perfect place for one on the trunk!

JorgeAmely

Quote from: finlover on December 02, 2010, 04:04:58 PM
Now how could I have a name like finlover and NOT have one of these?!  I had to get rid of the flames though--those were just tacky. ;D

C'mon fin, the flames give it a lot of character. Now, putting dragons and chinese characters on a pair of black and red phones with swapped caps .... that I call tacky.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

AE_Collector

Quote from: finlover on December 02, 2010, 06:15:13 PM
Maybe we need to figure out a way to mount a giant rotary dial to a classic car!  Your Imperial already has the perfect place for one on the trunk!

I agree, at least get a big number card onto that dial blank on the trunk.

Terry

HarrySmith

I love the 59 Caddy!! That is the car on top of my wish list, convertible, of course. Along with 58 Edsel, love the touchmatic transmission, a 67 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible, this was my first car when I was 15, and the Corvair Rampside pickup.

One down, 3 to go ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

finlover

Quote from: ae_collector on December 02, 2010, 07:41:28 PM
Quote from: finlover on December 02, 2010, 06:15:13 PM
Maybe we need to figure out a way to mount a giant rotary dial to a classic car!  Your Imperial already has the perfect place for one on the trunk!

I agree, at least get a big number card onto that dial blank on the trunk.

Terry
And the car in the picture is already Western Electric aqua!