News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Please let me introduce myself......Bill Cahill

Started by Bill Cahill, September 18, 2008, 11:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

Hi, folks. Don't know how far I'll be going here. Don't have much of a phone collection yet, and, am still trying to learn how to do the repairs on them.
I have some experience on them, however so small.

I collect, and, restore antique radios, television sets, record players, clocks, records, and, wind up phonographs. My favorite company brands are RCA Victor, Admiral, Jackson Bell, Zenith, Edison,Newcomb, and, Victor.

I collect, and, listen to many styles of music, including early rock 'n roll, big band, symphonies, gospel, comedy songs,, religious music, 12th-19th century, etc.
I love Scottish bag pipes, and, the harpsichord.

I have a dear friend, my dog Mike. He's a very loving animal, and great constant companiion. I'm an animal lover....

Well, enough for now.  Glad I was told about this great forum....
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Welcome Bill;
Glad to have you as a Charter Member.
Why did you omit Philco from your list ?????
I'm hurt....
Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Mark Stevens

Welcome Bill!  (again)
...and how about Stromberg-Carlson?!  :'(

Dan/Panther

Bill;
If you add Stromberg-Carlson to your list, you are the biggest brown noser I've ever seen... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Regards;
Dan/Panther

Bill Cahill

Actually, I have two things to say.
Mark, sorry. I forgot three companies. Stromberg Carlson, Capehart, and, Stewart Warner.

Dan, here's my answer to you.
I'm the best brown noser in this world, and, PROUD of it!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D :D ;)

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill my best friend;

You omitted Philco again.....
Stromberg-Carlson has always been a favorite of mine also....

Dan/Panther

Bill Cahill

And, DAN, Philco is NOT my favorite!!
Dan, and, I go back very far. TOO FAR!! We are mods in ARF forums.
;D Bill Cahill

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill Cahill on September 18, 2008, 02:25:52 PM
And, DAN, Philco is NOT my favorite!!
Dan, and, I go back very far. TOO FAR!! We are mods in ARF forums.
;D Bill Cahill

Man, I'm gonna have to keep you two separated!  ;)

Dan/Panther

Mark;
It's O.K., just don't let him out in the day time, and don't forget his medicine, then he'll be fine....And never feed him after midnight, and don't get him wet.

Dan/Panther

I didn't know until recently that Stromberg-Carlson made telephone equipment.... ::)
Man they were into everything weren't they. Maybe that aided in there demise, too many irons ? Any comments. When did they stop making radios, and when did they first manufacture phone equipment ?
Philco made intercom systems, but never any phone related items that I know of, is that correct ?

Dan/Panther

bingster

SC started out making telephone equipment long before they made radios... sometime in the late 1800s if i'm not mistaken.
= DARRIN =

Mark Stevens

Quote from: bingster on September 18, 2008, 03:23:45 PM
SC started out making telephone equipment long before they made radios... sometime in the late 1800s if I'm not mistaken.

I think that's right, Mr. B.  I've heard it said many times that S-C also made carburetors, but I've not found anything that tells me that it's the same company.  Back in the '50s and early '60s (the bingster's heyday), all the fast cars were fitted with six down-draft Stromberg carburetors.. Woo Hoo!

Bill Cahill

Stromberg Carlson also made televisions. I have one waiting in Michigan to be brought to me next year. A 1950 model.

Mark, Dan Panther, and, I are truly friends. We just like pulling each-other's chain.
However, I would highly advise you give him his pint of blood every day at dusk. :o ::) :-[ ;D
Bill Cahill

JimH

Hey Bill, I have a 1950 RCA Television in the wood cabinet with the doors on the front.  It was in a house the city was going to demolish, and I rescued it.  I don't know what it would take to make it work, the screen only has a dot that comes on, and believe it or not, I get a radio station on the thing!
Jim H.

Mark Stevens

Quote from: JimH on September 26, 2008, 08:07:20 AM
Hey Bill, I have a 1950 RCA Television in the wood cabinet with the doors on the front.  It was in a house the city was going to demolish, and I rescued it.  I don't know what it would take to make it work, the screen only has a dot that comes on, and believe it or not, I get a radio station on the thing!

Oh boy, Jim, this is how it always starts.  It begins innocently enough, with a new member making a casual reference to vintage radio or TV, but then it happens... they fall in with a bad crowd! (that would be Dan/Panther and Bill Cahill, of course!!!)   ;D :D ;)