News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for advice.....

Started by GTE Rick, January 17, 2019, 02:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTE Rick

In order to get better pricing for the next two years, we had to change our FIOS Account to my husband's name.   The new package also had a higher internet speed (100/100) which required an installer visit and install a new ONT.   I did check for dial tone while the installer was here but did rotary dial anything... after he left, I tried to make and call and can't break dial tone.

I have two options and have some questions

I have a Panasonic  KX-T30810 in my garage work shop... I was thinking of moving into the house, wiring each jack as a separate connection. But my concerns are that it doesn't pass the caller id, stutter dial tone & visual voice mail indication... Are there any work arounds?

Option 2:  buy and install a Dialgizmo ... but I have a few questions

1.)    Can one be used for multiple phones, installing plugging it to the NID and the house winging in to it? or do you have to buy one for each phone?
2.)    Will caller id boxes work?
3.)    Will It work with Stutter dial tone?
4.)    Does it allow the Visual Voice Mail indication?

If you think there is a third option... I am all ears...

Thanks
Rick
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

poplar1

I use caller ID boxes that are separate from the phones. The jacks in each room where Caller ID is needed require 2 pairs -- one pair  for the single line phones (each connected to unique extension on the Panasonic KX-T 616), and one pair for the Central Office (or other) line. The caller ID boxes are thus "ahead" of the Panasonic key system -- bypassing the key system.

Home run wires for each jack are always preferable (for flexibility), but if you have one 4-pair wire going to several jacks,  (daisy chained, like the electricians think), you can still have 3 different extension numbers (using one of  the 3 pairs in each room-- blue-white, orange-white, and green-white pairs); then use the same 4th pair (brown-white) in all 3 jacks for the central office line (for the caller ID boxes).

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

GTE Rick

Thanks for the advice.... i now think it does support dial plus... as i was installing a Different AE pacemaker i can dial out from the and an AE 40 I have....
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.