News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Leaving feedback for buyers of your merchandise.

Started by MMikeJBenN27, August 22, 2021, 01:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMikeJBenN27

Recently, E-Bay changed their format for items you sold.  I can't figure out how to leave feedback for the buyer in this new format, and there is now no way to contact them.  At all.  When you go to Online Help, it fields a series of topics, which, naturally, do not pertain to my problem, BUT, they steadfastly refuse to allow you to go to Chat unless you answer one of those problems that doesn't pertain to you.  HELP!

Mike

tubaman

If they've "upgraded" (messed it up) in the same way as they have in the UK then what you want to do is possible, just not as easy as before.
To contact the buyer, go to the Seller Hub, hover over 'Orders' and select either 'All Orders' or 'All Selling'. Then find the item in question and click the down arrow associated with that item in the 'Actions' column. 'Contact Buyer' is in the drop-down list that appears.
The feedback options are in the rightmost column - just click on the pencil icon associated with the item you want to leave feedback for.

There may be other easier ways to do the above, but I've not found them yet.

I found it all worked perfectly well before, so why they had to meddle with it I just don't know.  >:(

MMikeJBenN27

I said it wrong.  I meant contacting E-Bay for help.  I want to know how I can leave feedback for the buyer of a phone that I sold him.  There seems to be no way to do it with this new "improvement", and there is no way to contact E-Bay.

Mike

tubaman

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on August 22, 2021, 08:05:02 AM
...  I want to know how I can leave feedback for the buyer of a phone that I sold him.  There seems to be no way to do it with this new "improvement", ...

You can leave feedback as described in my original post.
As for contacting eBay, then yes it is never that easy to get to speak to a real person unfortunately.
:)

TelePlay

Quote from: tubaman on August 22, 2021, 09:32:43 AM
As for contacting eBay, then yes it is never that easy to get to speak to a real person unfortunately.

This works:

1) Click on your Account (upper left) and then click on Help and Contact at the bottom of the screen
2) Scroll down and click on contact us
3) Click on Chat on upper left
4) Click on Send and email in the box that pops up
5) Enter your text
6) Click send

They use to offer an eBay will call you option but that seems to have been removed.

Key2871

When you find your buying and selling info, (your profile) send your self a link so you can easily click and see, so you can much eaiser see who's left or hasn't left feedback or eBay will send you a reminder that you haven't left feed back for your purchase. This usually takes a few weeks.
But I too had a heck of a time finding my profile and when I did I sent a link to myself so I can find it very easy in the future.
KEN

TelePlay

Found a phone call link.

From the eBay home page, scroll down to the bottom and

1) Click on Contact Us
2) On the screen that pops up, scroll down and click Contact Us box
3) Click on Getting Paid for Items Sold (clicking on the other boxes will not provide a phone call option)
4) On the box that opens, fill in your phone number

and

5) Click on Have us Call You

=====

But if you only want to leave feedback for a buyer of yours:

Click on My eBay (upper right corner)
Click on Selling in the drop down box that opens
Click on Sold in the upper center
Click on the "Leave Feedback" button in the window that opens

Any items you sold that you did not leave feedback for will appear.

Select the buyer you want to give feedback to and go from there. If you already left feedback, the buyer will not show up.

MMikeJBenN27

Thank you everybody for trying to help, but it doesn't work.  There is no way for me to leave feed back for an item I sold.  There used to be, but with this "improvement", there is none, (I ahve tried with 2 different browsers),and there is no way for me to contact "Chat".  If I go to "Chat", it REdirects me to that list of topics that do not apply to my problem.  I have tried several times.

Mike

poplar1

On this Android phone, when I log into Ebay, tthere is a search box at the top. Below that, there are several ovals, including one marked selling. Clicking on selling, I get a list of items sold. Except for the first one ( which says ship now), every item on rhe sold list is preceded by a shaded box that says " leave feedback now."
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

zenithchromacolor

When I view the listing page for an item I've sold, there is a link to leave feedback near the top.

tubaman

Quote from: zenithchromacolor on August 22, 2021, 06:53:32 PM
When I view the listing page for an item I've sold, there is a link to leave feedback near the top.

Yes, that's another easy way to do it.
I'm not sure what's up with @MMikeJBenN27's eBay account as it should be straightforward enough to leave feedback for a buyer.
:)

FABphones

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on August 22, 2021, 06:33:05 PM
.....it doesn't work.  There is no way for me to leave feed back for an item I sold...

If you cannot find a 'leave feedback' option via any of the above methods, only other thing that comes to mind is it has timed out. Feedback cannot be left after 60 days.

If you are within the 60 day period try a Google search and see if anyone else is having the same issues. And check for the latest eBay update, which will contain bug fixes.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

MMikeJBenN27

A week or so ago, I asked for help in leaving feedback for a buyer with E-Bay's new format, as it seemed impossible to do so.  It must have been a temporary glitch, as I sold something else this week, and had no problem leaving feedback, and I still don't like how they made it almost impossible to chat with an actual person. and I still don't like this new format.

Mike