News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Inability of posting additional photos as a followup posting to my main posting.

Started by rfkimba, July 07, 2014, 05:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfkimba

I remain confused as to my inability to post additional photos as a followup posting to my main
posting. The software rejects it as a duplicate posting or just doesn't complete the upload. This happens whether I log out or not?
Please advise
Bob Farber

DavePEI

Give us an example, Bob. If we see the post we may be able to figure out what happened.

Did you have photos in the initial posting. If so, how many, what size? If we know what posting you are speaking of, it will help us to figure out what is going on.

Dave
Quote from: rfkimba on July 07, 2014, 05:30:13 AM
I remain confused as to my inability to post additional photos as a followup posting to my main
posting. The software rejects it as a duplicate posting or just doesn't complete the upload. This happens whether I log out or not?
Please advise
Bob Farber
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Bob, was it your post about the 2 boxer?

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12244.msg129284;boardseen#new

If so, I know the reason you couldn't add photos to the post. You are limited to 6 photos per post. You already have 6 attached to that post. If you want to post more, you will have to post a second message Reply to your original)  and attach the rest of them to it.

As it says until you exceed the limit, "Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, jpeg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, tiff, tif, Restrictions: 6 per post, maximum total size 91992KB, maximum individual size 91828KB"

Once you have attached 6, it will bounce you out until you start a new posting.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

Trying to upload a "bmp" image will also cancel the upload, will not accept the photo.

rfkimba

Hi,
I did try a new listing twice with a new subject and it kept rejecting me. I will try again with 4 more photos and will change to bmp format if I have to  and can figure out how to do this.
Bob Farber

rfkimba

Dear Bob Markham or other person who can help with this software,
I tried again with a different subject line with 4 follow up photos to my posting about identifying a 2 box Kelogg Frankenphone. I did not plan to use the bmp format.

How do I get 4 additional photos to add?
thanks,
Bob Farber

DavePEI

It is not a software problem. It just needs to be done the correct way. You don't create a new subject. Just reply to your current message, put in the text "More Photos" and then you can attach up to 6 jpg photos to the message.

Follow this instruction to a T and it will work. Depending on the load on the server, it may take some time for the images to load and for the server to return you to the page. Just trying to help  :) .

Dave

Quote from: rfkimba on July 07, 2014, 12:40:46 PM
Dear Bob Markham or other person who can help with this software,
I tried again with a different subject line with 4 follow up photos to my posting about identifying a 2 box Kelogg Frankenphone. I did not plan to use the bmp format.

How do I get 4 additional photos to add?
thanks,
Bob Farber
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

If you need to post more than 6 pictures, "reply" to your original post that had the first 6, then attach additional pics to the reply.  Another problem is perhaps the pictures you're trying to upload are too large.  I take pics in full resolution, macro mode, then crop the excess off (nobody wants to see my feet if the subject was on the floor) and usually reduce the size to 1/3 of the original. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e