News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Are Ericofons collector's items?

Started by Greg G., February 25, 2009, 03:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

AKA Erikofons or Kobra phones.  I'm in contact with a guy who has a few of them.  Personally, it's not something I'm really that interested in.  I was curious if any of y'all collect them.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

These are properly called "Ericofones," and you bet they're collectible.   Especially in the colors that are popular in other phones (pink, red, aqua, mint green).  Do an ebay completed listings search for Ericofone, and you'll see they're very popular. 

If you can get them at a decent price, you might want to go ahead and buy them, even if you don't currently collect them.  You can always sell them to fund purchases of what you do want.
= DARRIN =

McHeath

They are very collectable, a nice 50's Googie style phone.  I've got a mint green one, it's a fun counterpart to the traditional American phones we normally see.  They can be pretty pricy.  www.ericofon.com is the place to learn about them.

bingster

Geez, even I spelled it wrong... no "E" at the end ::)
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Ericfones are great, I prefer the early blue rotary dial.

BDM

I had a nice red one years ago that I traded away. I never could get used to using it :-\
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

HobieSport

IMHO The Ericophones look way too much like "private parts" and I was simply never comfortable with that.  No disrespect meant to mid century Swedish design.  There I said it.  Just my opinion.  Not contagious.

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

Okay that's it.  Dan/Panther said "butt set".  Enough.  Guess this movie from a still shot: Prizes will vary.

bingster

= DARRIN =

Dan

This better not be an obscure three stooges film ::)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

The film clip is not from The Three Stooges or The Lucy Show or anything from TV.
It is considered a classic of film noir, but is not as well known as say, the Bogart films, The Thin Man films, and the like.

AET

I think my mom told me she had one of these when she was a kid.
- Tom

Argyris

Okay, Hobie...I think the film still is from 'Double Indemnity,' starring Barbara Stanwyck *(rowrr)* and Fred Macmurray.

Dan/Panther

Who is that, Kirby Grant, Frank Lovejoy ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson