"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is this phone related? Time Switch

Started by MagicMo, February 16, 2013, 11:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Hello again,
I found this today in one of the Bell system boxes. It was with some electrical stuff so I'm not sure it is phone related or not. I googled it but none of them look like this one.
Anyone know what it is and what it is used for?
Thanks,
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

G-Man

ISTR they were used for controlling the lights in payphone booths before the advent of photocell controllers.

Even after photocells were introduced, timers were still used until their cost came down. There's probably a BSP covering them.

The nomenclature plate is not readable in the photo; what does it say?

MagicMo

Quote from: G-Man on February 17, 2013, 12:20:52 AM
ISTR they were used for controlling the lights in payphone booths before the advent of photocell controllers.

Even after photocells were introduced, timers were still used until their cost came down. There's probably a BSP covering them.

The nomenclature plate is not readable in the photo; what does it say?

thanks G-Man, I will take a better picture and post it later today.
Mo

MagicMo

More pics. It does not seem to be telephone related. I found a controller too. see pics. As far as dates, I only see a print date of 10-37
Thanks
Mo

Phonesrfun

Maybe with all the talk about Delorians and time travel, you could work at spinning some aspect of it being a time machine into an ebay description.  Just think how well it would sell!
-Bill G

MagicMo

Phonesrfun,
I think you just talked ME into keeping it. I will set my time travels for when I was 20 pounds lighter and 20 years younger! How much would something like that sell on Ebay? Botox has got nothing on this! LOL
Mo

Babybearjs

interesting.... and I thought Intermatic was the only company that made those....
John

oldphon

I believe it is part of a motorized "Stoker" that fed coal into a furnace in an old house.

Jeremy