News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Metal Telephone Stand

Started by AE40FAN, December 09, 2014, 10:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

Scored on this vintage metal telephone stand!  I think It's awesome and I only paid $4 bucks for it....

WesternElectricBen

That's pretty cool, the phone looks great on it. Also, I think it doubles as a magazine stand.

Ben

paul-f

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on December 09, 2014, 10:54:17 PM
That's pretty cool, the phone looks great on it. Also, I think it doubles as a magazine stand.

Also good for holding phone directories.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE40FAN

Yes, phone directories on the bottom and a little slot underneath the phone most likely for notepads....

Doug Rose

I had a real nice wooden version with a handle to carry. It looked like rosewood. It was my only thing that was broken in the phone room refurb! Not sure how it happened, three legs were off....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Cool stand!

Directories seem to have gone the way of telephones, they're company specific now, rather than area, mostly used as a big advertising brochure.  We got one tossed on our porch the other day from Frontier, whom we can't/don't use.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Mr. Bones

Very cool, Frank!

I've never seen one like that, although I have and collect older wooden telephone stands ("Gossip Benches").

Any idea of its age? I'd guess '50's to '70s, leaning more toward late '50's-early '60's...

Looks great with your phone. 8) Enjoy!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE40FAN

Mr. Bones,

Design looks to be from the Atomic Era.  So my guess is the 1950's.  It's a nice way to showcase your favorite phone of that era  :)

Sargeguy

Looks a little top-heavy!  I wouldn't put a Mediterranean Blue on top!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Sargeguy on December 11, 2014, 05:00:12 PM
Looks a little top-heavy!  I wouldn't put a Mediterranean Blue on top!

Yup, thought the same thing. ;)

Narrow track landing gear, reminiscent of a BF-109, scary stuff. :o

Still very cool! 8)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Adam

I use one of these too, in my living room.  Got it a few years ago from someone on Craigslist.  The bottom of mine holds various remote controls.  I don't think it's top heavy at all.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

AE40FAN

It's not top heavy at all.   Very sturdy.  Adam:  Love the gold!

Doug Rose

I refinished my telephone stand last week and put it in my Room. This was built to hold a 302, but I did fit my Kellogg 1000 Clear Bar on it. This is such a cool stand, really heavy and well built. If you have not used Howard's Restorafinish, you are really missing out. I usually use clear, but I used walnut on this.

I had another that was Cherry that you picked up and moved with the curbed handle on the top and it held phone book like the metal stand. It did break during my phone room re-carpetting.....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

What is the cord, it looks huge ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

standard Kellogg cloth cord as found on set
Kidphone