News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Within My Budget, But out of reach.....

Started by Babybearjs, March 25, 2016, 01:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I saw this on Ebay, seller is back east in Maine.  Buy it now....$125.00! Local P/U Only.   Great price! but I'm in Idaho.... anyway, I thought it was worth sharing.... I'm sure all of you have way too many switchboards....
John

dsk

I know exactly how you feel. :-[
Best wishes from Norway  :)
dsk

andre_janew

This one has been upgraded.  Notice the 12-button keypad and the modern handset.

Babybearjs

DSK, don't you just wish you could jump on a plane and claim it.....it seems like these things are always out of your area....  I never see these things local in Idaho.
John

Victor Laszlo

The board in the auction that I found seems to be located in Maryland. Is there another board available in Maine, also?

Victor Laszlo

It's a 552 attendant board, for use in front of a dial PBX. Unless you have a switch, it wouldn't be of much use to you, other than to make a non-working display.  Note the absence of station lamps, and the row of alarm lamps and cut-off keys at the top right.  The alarm lamps are labeled "PS" for permanent signal, "CB" for call block, "Rls Mag" for release magnet, a couple of "FA" lamps, for fuse alarms, etc, so it was used with a 701 or 740.  I think I see a hand-written "701A" on the gold label at the top of the center stile strip.  That was probably put there to remind the operators what type of equipment the customer had when they called repair service and got a clueless clerk.

Russ Kirk

When I found my switchboard it was over 400 miles away. Just happens I was planning a trip to the area within a week.  I got the measurements from the TCI library website.  It would fit into my wife's SUV with 1/2" clearance.  On the 8 hour drive home I heard the bells chiming whenever we hit a small bump in the road. 
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

dsk

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 25, 2016, 01:31:09 PM
DSK, don't you just wish you could jump on a plane and claim it.....it seems like these things are always out of your area....  I never see these things local in Idaho.

Oh yes, I believe I have to go for a smaller one, an American made SB22 or something.  :-)
dsk

Phonesrfun

John:

If you are looking for a 552, I have one in SE Washington (Walla Walla).  However a 552 is a PBX board.
-Bill G