News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1967 Toronto Telephone Directory

Started by ....., February 01, 2015, 07:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I bought a 1967 Toronto Telephone Directory today and pick it up tomorrow. I came across it while looking though a local online sales site and picked it up for $20.00. It will go into my phone booth after I restore it. But it also has a special meaning to me. I was born and raised in Toronto and was 10 years old in 1967. I left Toronto in 1972 and never moved back. I can't wait to get it to look up my family and friends old phone numbers.  What a great deal, $20.00 for all those memories.  :)

Mr. Bones

Very nice! 8)

I hope you enjoy the trip down Memory Lane.

I'd just love to find a phone book from my youth, where I grew up, for all the same reasons.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

19and41

Keep checking Ebay, if I could find directories for the little town I grew up in, someone will be putting yours up before very long.  :)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

rbouch

well,
I'm with you on the book.  I was 8 in 1967 and I have lived around Toronto all of my life.

the Leafs won the cup
Canada turned 100
Montreal had expo 67
and I seem to remember the Beaver gas station on Lakeshore Road in Port Credit had gas for 39 cents a gallon....

quite the year

Quote from: rbouch on February 02, 2015, 07:59:26 PM
well,
I'm with you on the book.  I was 8 in 1967 and I have lived around Toronto all of my life.

the Leafs won the cup
Canada turned 100
Montreal had expo 67
and I seem to remember the Beaver gas station on Lakeshore Road in Port Credit had gas for 39 cents a gallon....

quite the year

Anybody you want looked up.  :D

DavePEI

Quote from: Autonut on February 02, 2015, 09:01:58 PM
If it were 1972 to 1975, I'd love to have myself looked up - I forget what my number was back then! I lived in downtown T.O. on Parliament St. back then!

Old Timers!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

rbouch

I'm afraid I would need the Toronto Township directory, just before they the whole place into Mississauga (ech!).

Toronto was the place my Dad went to work and I went to watch hockey...

Quote from: DavePEI on February 02, 2015, 09:43:15 PM
Quote from: Autonut on February 02, 2015, 09:01:58 PM
If it were 1972 to 1975, I'd love to have myself looked up - I forget what my number was back then! I lived in downtown T.O. on Parliament St. back then!

Old Timers!

Dave

Listen here you young whipper snapper! Who you calling OLD!  ;D

tallguy58

Look up George Henderson. I think he lived on Lennox St.  Thanks
Cheers........Bill

Quote from: tallguy58 on February 04, 2015, 01:49:35 PM
Look up George Henderson. I think he lived on Lennox St.  Thanks

Not on Lennox St. Here is a snap shot of the page.

Doug / Autonut

Greg G.

Good find!  I've yet to find a directory of the town where I lived when I was younger, but I was very lucky to come across a directory that had my paternal grandparents in it.  Vintage phone directories are a valuable resource for various reasons, most common being folks doing research on their ancestors (genealogy).  One person who was apparently doing a google search found my post about the book and asked me to look up his uncle.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5619.msg76487#msg76487
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

Did you find the George Henderson you were looking for?