News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - August 2016

Started by AE_Collector, July 14, 2016, 11:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - August 2016.  *** Vote for TWO ***

WEBellSystemChristian's 1956 Oxford Gray 554 found on ebay for $99 plus $19.99 shipping
21 (65.6%)
compubit's 1974 Black WE 851 Keyset with a G12 "modular" handset on eBay $49.00 + $9.50 shipping
5 (15.6%)
Kenton K's 1965 WECo turquoise 500 for $70 plus shipping on eBay
5 (15.6%)
Dave F's genuine Bell System spade lead crimper bought on eBay for $29.99
5 (15.6%)
oldguy's WECo Gold Imperial set on eBay for $40.90 + $7.00 shipping
7 (21.9%)
Sargeguy's Tele-Trainer saved from the dumpster with paper items used to conduct the training
5 (15.6%)
Fabius' WECo 702B Princess in hard to find BLACK dated 2-66 on eBay $30 plus shipping
9 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Sargeguy

I guess I'll post the Tele-Trainer I saved from the dumpster.  The unit is okay, but I have never seen the paper items actually used to conduct the trainings before:

Tele-Trainer set

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Fabius

Western Electric 702B black princess dated 2-66. Excellent condition. Bought on eBay for $30 plus shipping. Uncommon color.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

Time to vote for your TWO favorite Finds from August. May the best Find win!

Terry

AE_Collector

Well, that was decisive! Congratulations to WesternElectricBellSystemChristian and his 1956 Oxford Gray 554 found on ebay for $99! The hands down winner this month.

The biggest disappointment this month has to be Fabius NOT coming in last place. Not only is he NOT in last place but he came in Second out of Seven contestants! Pretty disappointing Tom....

So congratulations to Christian for his impressive win, to all the other contestants who did well at collecting votes and to everyone who took the time to place your votes. And sorry for your disappointing outcome Fabius.....

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners click here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12971.0

Terry

Fabius

Quote from: AE_Collector on September 08, 2016, 11:53:09 AM

The biggest disappointment this month has to be Fabius NOT coming in last place. Not only is he NOT in last place but he came in Second out of Seven contestants! Pretty disappointing Tom....

Yes, I know.  :-(  I have bought shame and disgrace to the family name for generations to come.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

I'm sure you will get back on the horse and be just out of the gate as the winner crosses the finish line next month. Try a bit harder and you will succeed. Good luck.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, just read this!

Thanks for voting everyone! Definitely the best outcome I've ever had for FOtM!

Sorry you didn't win a loss, Fabius. ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford