Dugan's Millennium Demonstrator Terminal for $80
4 (19%)
Babybearjs WE444eg 3 line deskset for $29
6 (28.6%)
DavePEI's Telephone Service Decal for $0
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Babybearjs

I'll put in my find...... got another WE444eg 3 line deskset.... to add to the 3 that I already have.... hope this one cleans up just as good as the others! got it for $29.00!
John

DavePEI

Just for fun, I thought I would put something completely different in as Find of the Month:

Hi All:

I received my Teletype stuff today, and amongst it was a Telephone Service Decal someone asked about a few months ago, and who asked for a scan of it is soon as it arrived. Now, I am going to use the decal in the museum, on the door to its service department, but here is a scan.

This decal is labelled on the back Sign No. 126W Double sided Date 17 3 58 and made for NE by Beaver Decalmania of Montreal, Quebec. Made in Canada. When I apply it, I will do so very gingerly as it is now almost 60 years old!

It was beautifully preserved, as it had been protected front and back by waxed paper.

The decal is 8 inches in diameter. This and all that was with it was all free from a storage buyer in Ontario, and a friend brought it and all the teletype stuff with it with him to the Island, also without charge.

Too many finds to put them all in for find of the month unless I were to put them all in as a group, but I thought people would be interested. Included also are a magnetic Teletype service sign, Model 14 teletype, three steel boxes of Teletype parts, anti-static mat and wrist strap, 5 line 2565, Northern Telecom "Installation Tool" NR-2315 stamping set, 3 Fox testers (send "Quick brown Fox" to the teletypes to check operation), two teletype power supplies, one loop supply, BSPs, ribbons and more!

See: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8566.0

NOTE: I did a quality Scan of this decal before using it. I am wondering if I were to get reproductions made, if anyone would be interested in getting a copy for their workshops? Just an idea. Let me know if you might be interested... Cost will be a function of how many are ordered. At any rate, I have made some queries to several decal makers

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 31, 2013, 04:36:45 PM
Did you get all the TTY stuff or just a first installment?

Any more Finds for the May 2013 Find of the Month? Last chance....

Terry
Hi Terry:

Nope = got it all here now...

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Sorry guys, I will get the voting going today. Too much retirement stuff going on here and I thought I had retired from this job as well!

Okay, the voting booths are open! 9 items this month so 3 votes each. Lets all try to use all three of our votes this time!

A short time frame this time since I was so slow to get the poll set up. I want to declare the winner Sunday night as Monday I am getting myself to a cruise ship for 14 days.

Terry

Mr. Bones

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 06, 2013, 06:18:20 PM
Okay, the voting booths are open! ( items this month so 3 votes each. Lets al ltry to use all three of our votes this time!

A short time frame this time since I was so slow to get the poll set up. I want to declare the winner Sunday night as Monday I am getting myself to a cruise ship for 14 days.

Terry

Cruise ship? Enjoy!!

I just hope that you're taking a spare AE40, with a modular cord, for your cabin! ;) ( The one from your already-prepared, bug out kit, no doubt!)

Withdrawal is not a pretty thing to watch, much less go through...

Fair Winds, and Following Seas!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

Never thought of taking a phone with me. I wonder if the PBX's will do DP? I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Actually, thinking about it, I bet they are all digital sets so an analog set is definitely not likely to work. Too bad, a full chrome 40 would get the cabin guys attention.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 07, 2013, 01:32:28 AM
Never thought of taking a phone with me. I wonder if the PBX's will do DP? I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Actually, thinking about it, I bet they are all digital sets so an analog set is definitely not likely to work. Too bad, a full chrome 40 would get the cabin guys attention.

Terry

It would have to be a Type D Admiral's phone to really impress them:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6874.0

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Yeah, that should even impress the captain!

Well, no contest when it comes to colored AE sets! AE40FAN smoked the competition this month with his under $100 Mahogany AE 1A set. Nice going AE40FAN! And thanks to everyone else for submitting your finds as well. See you next month...

Terry

AE40FAN