News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I think I just MIGHT hit the jackpot on multilines!

Started by WesternElectricBen, May 12, 2013, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Hello,
About a year ago on Thanksgiving I saw a old 554 wall phone that was multiline on a old house near my grand parents. Long story short they owned the local phone company or what ever the franchise. The house was sold and I left a note, they talked to my grandparents and said it wasn't just one phone, but the house had OLD PHONES IN EVERY ROOM. Grandparents also told me the guy has kids who would like to keep a rotary phone and all I was thinking was...

This house is a 1950's mansion if I even get 2 phones I don't care. I hope I can also get the phone boxes because the guy might just give them to me.. The house is kind of weird though I have never been it from the window its covered in old carpet up to the hot tub in the basement... Also has a 1940's stove and its completely outdated, which I like.  So I am really happy about this though its not sure I will be getting it but I think I will which could be just short of "awesome!" I do hope I get the phones

I think a multiline 554 is sort of rare because their are not many built though I'm just guessing.

Sad note: My parents are getting quite fed up with me for buying stuff at yard sales so I will probably have to be selling off some of my radios and slide projector acquired at yard sale for cheep. If interested please do contact me. I want some cash for these phones and to bring to Lancaster! See ya thier!

The completely estathic boy,
Ben.

WesternElectricBen

Also I have a video I made about a year ago on the phone that was outside under the porch, I hope the ones inside are nicer! Link:http://goo.gl/hLNwP