News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

fun numbers

Started by Bustercat, June 15, 2010, 04:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustercat

I didn't find anything in search, but does anyone know any fun (preferably cheap or free) numbers?
These days so much of our search for the random and mysterious has gone to the web. I miss the old days of sleepovers as a kid, trying to dial the phone quietly so your friend's mom wouldn't wake up and tell you to stop fooling with the phone. You'd pretend to be asleep, your heart beating, and you knew, when she went back to bed, you'd be back on the line, seeing what you could find... :lol:

Of course back then it was pranks and mischief, but occasionally you'd find some weird, creepy recording or bizarre "government top secret" phone line...

Just looking for fun stuff to do with a freshly polished phone (no pranks or harrasing calls, just odd numbers, recordings, weird tones, etc.)
What's still out there in 2010?

Dan/Panther

Seems like all bells and whistles are gone, you can't even get the time anymore.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

we get the weather but not the time.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

jsowers

Our time and weather, with the voice of the late Jane Barbe giving the time and weather, is still active if you want to make a long distance call. It's 336-CHestnut 3-2351.
Jonathan