"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Winter Nearing and CNET VOIP moved over to this house from the Museum

Started by DavePEI, November 27, 2012, 05:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Hi All:

Because of a projected -7c. temperature for tonight, I have decided to move the Asterisk  VOIP server over to this house for the winter. I have just completed that move.

This is to prevent damage from condensation to the server in the unheated Museum over the winter.

Two lines are continuously available on CNET:

1-651-0001 - answering machine - message system

1-651-2762 - office desk phone here

The two lines to the demo unit will be shut down for the winter as I don't want to leave the demos running when I am not there to observe them (Well, I can view them on video surveillance, but not in person).

So for most calling, it won't make much difference - you can still get through to me, but please don't expect the Strowger demos to be in operation during the cold weather!

Thanks,

Dave

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

I think you need to move the Strowger Demo's over to the house as well. Linda will be okay with that won't she? :)

Minus 7 OUCH. I thought it was getting cool here in Vancouver but not below freezing.....yet. Of course we use Celsius temps here in Canada. 0 (freezing) is 32F. -7C is around 20F.

Terry

twocvbloke

A couple of years ago, parts of the UK were dropping to as low as -20 degrees, and cos of our super-efficient condensing boilers (translation: "furnaces"), people's heating stopped working cos the condensate discharge pipes, which ran outside of the buildings as per regulations, froze up solid... :o

Ours did too, but I did a redneck repair on it so that the boiler drained into a bucket indoors, restoring the heating system's function, though it took a few weeks before the condensate pipe outside to defrost, to restore it's "safe" functional state... :D

AE_Collector

Sometimes You Gotta Do what You Gotta Do!

"There, I Fixed It!

Terry