News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

seen this on my local news today what do you think?

Started by troydog, March 14, 2012, 07:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troydog

I been so busy but when I seen this I thought of this great place to ask what do you think about this?

It could be the end of land line phones in my state Ky. I am not happy with it at all. After many years of no land line and now I got one I feel safe. I do not use the landline that much at all but it is here with my dsl. I used it last week when my cell phone went out. With out a land line I would have been screwed.

http://tinyurl.com/6whjuoz

TelePlay

Interesting. What will the police, fire and hospitals do without land lines? They all have them to use when either wireless or their digital phone systems fail due to power failures. And landline 911 calls are still the most accurate to determine location. No need for vague triangulation or wide area GPS location identification when calling 911 on a landline. Nothing more reliable than a land line phone in so many ways.

AE_Collector

I know nothing about this particular case but I'm sure it isn't like they are going to outlaw land lines. It probably just means that the Telco's won't HAVE to provide landline service to areas that are totally uneconomical to do so IF (and only if) there are other reasonable options for phone service available to people in that area.

If there is any number of customers there the Telco is going to be provising ADSL there and if ADSL is available they will most likely be able to provide dial tone as well.

Terry

stub

troydog,
              My nephew has been inspecting installed fiber in KY. for well over a year now. They have been going from CO to CO as well as fiber to the house. Don't know much more than that. I hope it won't end but who knows anymore???   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield