News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Buying parts locally other than Radio Shack.

Started by Greg G., April 05, 2009, 03:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Are there any places that one can get parts other than Radio Shack?  Last time I was in there I left feeling like I was ripped off, having paid over $5 for a phone jack.  Buying online defeats the purpose because with shipping it's not any cheaper, plus I don't like waiting for the parts to come in the mail.  I have a friend who works for Leviton Telecom, but he's 30 minutes away and often hard to contact.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

Home Depot, and Lowe's type stores may carry some item useable fopr phones. Maybe spade connectors, wire, or maybe plugs etc.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

I just don't have any other options locally for me than Radio Shack, and even my local Shack is pretty poor on phone parts these days. 

This company sells a lot of parts for phones and has great prices, but the wait is long:

http://www.fivestarphones.com/

benhutcherson

Occasionally the local Dollar Tree will have telephone jacks and other miscellaneous hardware, like patch cords, for $1 each.

I've also had relatively good luck finding things like that at the local Do-it-Best hardware store. They're a bit more pricey than Lowes, but have a better selection.

AET

I go to radio shack for mine too, but they have so much less than they used to here, so I feel your pain McHeath!
- Tom