News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally Got a Panasonic kx-t61610 PBX

Started by bushman, March 31, 2010, 08:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

Ok I finally got my pbx. I got a panasonic kx-t61610. I was reading on here how to work it, but was wondering what model number phone I need to actually program it. Also was wondering if anyone has a link to a manual for it.

Thanks,
Bushman

Phonesrfun

Here is a link:

http://www.wedophones.com/PanasonicManualsLead.htm

Scroll down to the KX-T 616 section.

You should not need to really do any programming, unless you want some specific things done such as restricting certain lines or extensions from accessing lines, or if you want to program speed dial numbers.  The whole thing is really ready to plug and play with the default program.

If you do need to program it, you will have to have a Panasonic Kx-T 61630 (I think that's an accurate model number) or other electronic proprietary phone hooked to extension 11.   The documentation will be more help with that.

I have had great luck with mine.
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

I believe it is extension 21 on the 6 by 16 Panasonic PBx box.

PS: You guys are right, first extension is 11. I guess I haven't used mine in a while. Shame, shame, shame ....  :-[ :-[ :-[

Jorge

Phonesrfun

Quote from: JorgeAmely on March 31, 2010, 09:27:12 PM
I believe it is extension 21 on the 6 by 16 Panasonic PBx box.

I thought it was the UK model that started with the first extension as 21.  I have always done mine in 11.  I'll need to check the book.
-Bill G

Jim Stettler

Going off some notes I have w/ my 616. You use extension 11.
The phone needs to have a LCD display.

The models I listed are
KX-T7020, KX-T7030, KX-T7050, KX-T7130, KX-T30830, KX-T30820, KX-T30850, KX-T61630, KX-T61620, KX-T61650.

I had copied this info from the manual when I was looking for a phone.
I think there may be some later models that would work as well.
I currently  have my manuals packed away somewhere.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bushman

Thank you !!  Tried it out tonight.  Seems to work great!!  Now I am excited about re-cabling the house again. The wife thinks I am nuts. But this thing is fun!!!!    ;D
Wait till she hears how many phones I get ringing on this thing  :o

Bushman

gpo706

Bushman, with some supportive advice from Bill (phonesrfun) I bit the bullet and got a BIN 616 on ebay for £55 all in.

This is gonna be my new toy for the forseeable future, I've joined the "big boys" now...

Let me know how you get on with yours,

Scot
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

gpo706

Quote from: bushman on April 01, 2010, 12:24:15 AM
But this thing is fun!!!!    ;D
Wait till she hears how many phones I get ringing on this thing  :o

Bushman

She's in for a shock - each ext has a 4 REN output - 16 x 4 = 64.

I'd need to buy 3 more phone before I drained the ring current!

bingster

Four REN on each ext?  That monster puts out some serious juice!
= DARRIN =

gpo706

bingster -

From JorgeAmely:

"Another interesting fact of these Panasonic boxes is that each extension has enough drive for 4 standard 500 phones. So theoretically, a 16 extension box can ring 64 phones."

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2124.0

ETS1979

Here is  my solution to increased ringer power. It is the Viking RG-10A.  You will be able to drive 10-15 phones.  It is expensive,  (about $200) but probably easier to implement than a a PBX.  Search Ebay number 120545544312 to see one.  There are several others listed.

gpo706

ETS 1979, thats a fairly expensive option when you can get all the flexibility of a PBX, I have myself a BT REN generator on my current (mess) of a system which claims 12 REn, never powered 12 phones all the time I've had it - cost c. £38.

Even cuts out when not sitting right on the wall.

The 616 seems to support all the following equipment AFAIK from reading all the manuals:

PBX:

KXT 616 10BE

KXT 30820
KXT 30830
KXT 30850

KXT 61620
KXT 61630
KXT 61650

KXT 7020E
KXT 7050E
KXT 7130E

DSS:

KXT 61640

KXT 7040E

Guess they are backwards/forwards compatable?

gpo706

Just an update:

Bill (phonesrfun) helped a lot.

Mines a UK 616BE.

Anyway through a lot line switching etc, I've discovered its best with any UK/GPO phone on a seperate ADSL filter, then they dial out on "9" and ring internal fine, probably external (incoming) as well but its a bit late at night here to test that.

Only problem is I have to buy another 16 RJ11 to BT PST adaptors (which I have I done) for 99p each, now I need 16 PST to ADSL sockets, if anybody wants to donate any I'd be bloody gratefull!

Otherwise the PBX works like a dream.

Regards,

Scot