Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

try attaching it with the red/white wire from L1
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bingster

This should be the wiring diagram you need, Tom:

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=2172&Itemid=2

It's for the 304, but the 304 and 5304 are the same phones internally.  I'm no great shakes when it comes to deciphering these schematics, but if I'm reading it right, there are six switch contacts, and the  switch wires should be as follows:

green to "GN" on the coil
brown/blue to "BB" on the dial

brown/yellow to "Y" on the dial
yellow to "L1" on the coil

slate/red to "R" on the dial
green/red to "L2" on the coil

According to the specifications, this phone is designed for "tip party station, message rate, automatic ticketing, and automatic message accounting" service.  I can't say if it will work on a standard line when wired as originally intended.
= DARRIN =

Tom B

Cheers, Bingster.
I'm going to have to go through the schematic bit by bit - ringer connections which I think are correct now, condensor, dial, and switch hook just to double check. I've got dial tone and the phone rings when I call my home number with my mobile and connects - I sent my wife off to another part of the house and she called the home number which I was able to answer. So the only thing it doesn't do is dial out. Been here before :D When I depress the plungers once or twice it breaks dial tone but not to the point where I can reliably dial out.
Tom