News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Mushroom needing a little love...

Started by Dan, May 20, 2011, 11:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I couldn't argue with the buy it now price. I think I can repair the crack and I KNOW I can make a good mushroom cap for it. I am a happy guy tonight!!!! ;D :D ;D :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170644063403
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JimH

Nice find!  Green ones seem scarce.  Can't beat the price!
Jim H.

JorgeAmely

I don't think the seller is a forum member. Good catch Dan.
Jorge

Tom B

Tom

Dennis Markham

Nice buy, Dan.  Looks like it was listed for just under 4 hours.  You were in the right place at the right time.

There is a collector that sells reproduction caps.  They only come in white and black.  If you're interested in a name and e-mail let me know and I'll look it up for you.  I bought one in black.  I think the price was $35 plus shipping.

Kenny C

Well Dan this is your 4th or 5th mushroom phone right? Congratulations!!! That's a great price. You will bring it back.

Dennis,
He makes his own caps. They look marvelous. I have one of his caps on my mushroom.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

Thanks for all the kind wishes! Sometimes you log into ebay and just get lucky.  :)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan

Quote from: Dennis Markham on May 21, 2011, 08:37:07 AM
Nice buy, Dan.  Looks like it was listed for just under 4 hours.  You were in the right place at the right time.

There is a collector that sells reproduction caps.  They only come in white and black.  If you're interested in a name and e-mail let me know and I'll look it up for you.  I bought one in black.  I think the price was $35 plus shipping.
Thanks Dennis, I believe his name was Steve and he never responded to any of my emails so I figured out how to make my own caps from dental impression material and dental gypsum stone