News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nice Green Thermo WE 302 10/41

Started by Doug Rose, April 07, 2015, 07:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is a beauty, plungers match. Must have been an employee retirement phone. 10/41 WOW!!...Doug

http://tinyurl.com/qzp5jtk
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, that is nice!!

That's the first prewar one I've seen in green!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

baldopeacock

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

I saw that when it went up a few days ago, it's on my watch list. Very Nice! Did search for LLoyd Parsons, did not come up with anything solid. Is there a reference for Bell employees anywhere?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

baldopeacock

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 07, 2015, 09:06:15 PM
I saw that when it went up a few days ago, it's on my watch list. Very Nice! Did search for LLoyd Parsons, did not come up with anything solid. Is there a reference for Bell employees anywhere?

Maybe possible to narrow the search to the region where the phone lived?

The phone's pre-war, so Lloyd Parsons may have been with the phone company a very long time ago, which is just going to make a Google search more vague.

Partyline4

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 07, 2015, 07:16:15 AM
This is a beauty, plungers match. Must have been an employee retirement phone. 10/41 WOW!!...Doug

http://tinyurl.com/qzp5jtk

What makes it special to be a retirement phone?

TelePlay

Quote from: Partyline4 on April 12, 2015, 04:01:17 PM

The brass engraved "Llyod C. Parsons" name plate riveted on the front below the dial might suggest that. Could be something else. I still say the person who bought the phone for $611.11 either knows of, knew or knows the relatives of Mr. Parsons and the story behind the phone.

HarrySmith

The winning bidder on that phone is one of the deep pocket buyers that always get the phone he wants.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: TelePlay on April 12, 2015, 04:05:24 PM

The brass engraved "Llyod C. Parsons" name plate riveted on the front below the dial might suggest that. Could be something else. I still say the person who bought the phone for $611.11 either knows of, knew or knows the relatives of Mr. Parsons and the story behind the phone.

I know the buyer and I will ask him...Doug
Kidphone

Partyline4

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 12, 2015, 05:00:35 PM
Quote from: TelePlay on April 12, 2015, 04:05:24 PM

I know the buyer and I will ask him...Doug

looking forward to the story.

baldopeacock

QuoteWhat makes it special to be a retirement phone?

What makes it special to me is that it's pre-war.   The pre-WWII color 302s have unique characteristics that aren't present in color 302s produced after the war.... and that pre-war production ended not long after it began due to the war.   These don't come along often, especially in colors other than ivory.