News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Ivory 302 Dated 10 23 48

Started by Doug Rose, September 05, 2018, 12:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Shell is very white....not Ivory as the earlier sets were very lite and didn't seem to yellow. This is dated  1 49 on the base. It works....nice 5J. Very minor scratch or crack by the 1 on the dial. It is a beautiful phone. That is the good news.

Bad news is I cannot get any WE, AE  SC etc cap to fit this handset. I held the element in and it works.

The 5J and the base and pungers are great as is the handset cloth cord.

Looks like some too the caps off of the handset and when they went to install it.....No go.....still deciding what to do....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Better News....I found a normal looking Ivory Handset that look yellow  BUT the caps fit and I have matching dates elements for the handset.

I it soaking in a 50/50 bleach and water Mix....I can only hope!....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Working on the caps....this is where I sit....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Another nice one Doug! Looks great! Definetly much whiter than usual, I would call it Snow White!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Thanks Harry....getting caps match match might take weeks in the soup!  ::)....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

I've never seen one THAT white!... It is striking.

If you can't get the caps like you want, would you consider two toning it?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

Not a bad idea, a Brown F1 might look good on it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

thanks guys...it is really white. I was getting frustrated when I could not get a cap to go on. Finding the Ivory handset was great but it looks yellow compared to this. Really Yellow!! I am soaking the caps in the soup and will check in the morning. Should take a few days...at least.

A two tones did cross my mind but this is just TOO white. I am hoping for the best. When Karl (Imbeldi) was on the Forum he said the early Ivory sets were whiter and did not fade. He was right...spot on right. He could be a pain but his knowledge is surely missed on the Forum.

It was just an amazing find by Janet. Going through a huge box of black 500s that I just walked past. Two Tables away I hear....."DOUG"  She be good.

There is so much to see at Brimfield, so MUCH. Even walking 7+ hours you do miss things that are right in front of you. This was just before we left, the last field to open. It was hot and humid. July Hot. I was spent. I was NOT dreaming of a beer....but the last Powerade Zero in the cooler. 20 oz went down so fast .......and she had another for me that I sipped the ride home. What a girl.

She is really great supporting my crazy hobby. She had as much fun as I did....Doug
Kidphone