News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Weston Instruments DC volt meter.  I don't think the meter goes with the wood box.
Dave

wds

Small switch box.

Swedish American magneto
Dave

wds

WE 299G Magneto. 

315H magneto and a 1002 handset. 

And a few phones were in the box, which I won't post pictures of right now.  One heavy box.

Dave

rdelius

That wooden box without a name but has a crank is a "Megger".It puts a high voltage across the object being tested to look for leakage.

wds

I was able to pull up the patents for it.  Made by S. Evershed?  Looks like Evershed became Megger in 1987.

I contacted Megger for some more info about this item, and here's what they said -

"Sorry it took me too long to answer, Dave. This is an insulation tester, and one of very limited range. I'm guessing it was an economy model for relatively undemanding pass/fail testing, where they didn't require a lot of extra data, just good or bad. That role is presently played by the MIT200 family. Of course, we have full-featured models that are best on market too. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you for your interest in Megger products."

Dave

wds

Does anyone know what this phone was used for?  It's not a pay phone.  It has a 10A on the inside, didn't know if that was the model number.  It seems to function like a regular phone. 
Dave

WEBellSystemChristian

Possibly a prison phone? I remember seeing one at a local antique store, and I think that's what the price tag said it was.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Weco355aman

Its a Charge-a-call (coinless) payphone.
Used at Rest area's or locations that need extra public phones. Cheaper that regular payphones, also used as Toll Stations.
Phil

wds

Another box, another bunch of test equipment.  This one was unusual - looks like a trunk off of a pirate ship.  M9B meter.  WE KS-13785 ?  1946 on the instruction manual.
Dave

wds

Test equipment.  Not sure of a model #, maybe J54701B Western Electric.  Bottom is marked PBX Repair West.

Ringer - multiline?  Buttons push or pull. 

Dave

wds

A couple dozen hand sets.  The first two were interesting - all marked Western Electric.  Transmitter on the top one is marked 234w.  The bottom one has two receivers?

The next one has a #2 dial, with an older notched celluloid number plate.

Not sure what this test piece is - marked 139B
Dave

wds

Small magneto - marked 17B on the bottom.  Next item I'm not sure of - looks like a battery box.  The last item I'm not sure what it is.  Western Electric, but no part number.
Dave

rdelius

The black plastic thing is a  buzzer for toning out cable pairs.It also was used as a  talk battery source and a continuity checker

AE_Collector

The yellow 139A looks as though it could be a toner (buzzer) as well as talk battery source though I don't know what it is by it's 139A Numbers.

Terry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 14, 2018, 07:58:23 PM
The yellow 139A looks as though it could be a toner (buzzer) as well as talk battery source though I don't know what it is by it's 139A Numbers.

Terry
It is. I have seen them with  a special battery and some with 4 AA batteries. It provides tone for tracing, a continuity light, and can be used between 2 telephone as "talk Battery"
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.