Even Vintage Telephone Parts are Worth Big Bucks

Started by Doug Rose, December 24, 2015, 07:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is a great receiver, but the price does boggle the the mind!....Doug

http://tinyurl.com/z72p8ct
Kidphone

TelePlay

Seller Description:  "The items offered in these listings are from a very large estate of electrical and mechanical goods from several generations of collecting. Included in this estate, but not exclusively, are radios, televisions, telephones, telegraph, medical, scientific, bicycles, Hi-Fi equipment, typewriters, projectors, sound equipment, motorcycles, mopeds, minibikes, automobilia, etc.. I will attempt to list a variety of interesting, rare, and or desirable items as often as I can. As always, please feel free to ask question or request additional photos that I might help to enhance or clarify the condition of the various items being offered. This auction is for a rather rare, original, and undamaged export long pole receiver. It is clearly marked on the end cap, "For Export * Use Not Licensed Under Any United States Patent*". There are two stars embossed in the bakelite as well as a single red stripe midway on the tubular section of the receiver. The bakelite varies in shade between  milk and a darker chocolate brown-at least as best I can describe. The "bobbin" is marked internally with a date of "March 16" and what looks like two signatures that I am unable to make out. If in the event I can, I will make a note of that during the auction.   In addition I have repeated the condition report from above. The binding posts appear to be nickel plated, though they are tarnished. Screws appear to be steel and lightly oxidized. The photos, if not sufficient, can be supplemented at your request. The length of the  receiver is slightly more than 7 1/4" with the binding posts; maybe 3/4" less without them. The writing on the bobbin is darker and better defined than what was captured in the photo. This receiver is in excellent condition. No cracks or chips. Very  shallow surface scratches visible in the high resolution photos. There is continuity at the binding posts that registers the same reading at the coil. Some rust on cap screws,  and oxidation on binding posts. Very small vertical area - in photo- of light wear on red paint band. Male and female threads are in very nice condition. Missing eyelet on cap for hanging. Please let me know if I have left out any crucial - or not so crucial- details."

Seller Condition Statement: "This receiver is in excellent condition. No cracks or chips. Very shallow surface scratches. No nicks There is continuity at the binding posts that registers the same reading at the coil. Some rust on cap screws binding posts and oxidation on binding posts. Very small vertical area - in photo- of light wear on red paint band. Male and female threads are in very nice condition. Missing eyelet on cap for hanging."

wds

I was watching that one also.  Those one stripe receivers seem to sell in the $500 range.  The only reason I could see for the high sale price might be the cap. 
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Who would pay that much for a receiver which cannot be used in the United States? ;)

rdelius

If they were licenced for export only,they would be more rare here.long pole rec are expensive