News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic Issue

Started by HarrySmith, March 07, 2022, 07:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

As you know I recently moved. This weekend I unpacked my Panasonic 616 and plugged it in. It seems to work fine, powered right up. I connected a 2500 and a cordless phone I use for testing, they both work fine. I connected my Panasonic programming phone, KX-T7030 and I get nothing. I tried connecting it to several ports. It worked fine before we moved for years. No dial tone and the LCD display does not illuminate. Is there an outside power supply needed for it? I do not remember a power supply and I do not see a place to plug one in. Any ideas?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry....I thought the Programming Phone only working in the first port. I do not have one, but if I remember correctly  ??? it just works in the first port. I have enclosed a manual for the 616...Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

How many conductors in the line cord on your proprietary (Panasonic) phone? No, it does not need an external power supply.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

I will have to look at both of those things. I think I tried connecting it to the #1 extension but I am not sure. I also need to check the line cord as I just pulled one form my box of cords and did not think about it. I will try these tonight and report back.
Thanks Guys!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS FORUM!
PROBLEM SOLVED!
I had a 2 wire line cord on it. I never even thought about how many wires were in the line cord.
Thanks guys ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

I tried the phone on several ports and it works fine, LCD & calls. When I connect to port 11 I get nothing. No display & no dial tone. I tried switching it to "PROGRAM"  and get the same result. I was told it needs a 6 wire cord for programming, is this correct?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

poplar1

Does a single line phone work in Port 11?
I didn't see a 3-pair cord for the proprietary sets in the manual Doug linked to.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

There are only 4 wires in all of the ports on 308/616 PBX including programming port 11. Two pair line cord required for the programming phone: red/green and yellow/black.