News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Buffing

Started by RB, December 02, 2022, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

Quote from: RDPipes on December 15, 2022, 03:23:27 PM...I have a dust collection system so I always turn it on when raking a wheel...

Photo, and more detail please.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on December 16, 2022, 01:11:44 AMPhoto, and more detail please.  :)
CJ, I have duct work going to several machines in my shop that connect to a 2hp vacuum that dumps sawdust and other particles into a system that has a filter and large collection bag, one of the 4 ducts just happens to be next to the buffer. I don't have a photo of that duct but, I do have one of the collection system itself. Below are 2 photos of the system taken at different stages of my shops construction one shows the over head duct work well while the other shows the collection bag better. I'm afraid to take any better photos of the system the table saw would have to be moved and my condition won't really allow that.

RDPipes

I did find a photo showing the intake duct at the buffer, well its really at the shaping wheel I used when I was still making pipes but, its close enough to pull in most of the dust and lint from the buffer when I move the buffer close to it. Been meaning to run another duct to the buffer but, haven't as yet.

FABphones

Thank you. What a great workspace you have. Very nicely thought out.

I'd need to knock a wall down in my little workshop in order to make even the smallest improvement... Hmmmm...  🤔

HarrySmith

I think that is a good idea CJ. If you have to unpack & repack every tool, every time you want to use it you definitely need more space  ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on December 16, 2022, 12:57:52 PMThank you. What a great workspace you have. Very nicely thought out.

I'd need to knock a wall down in my little workshop in order to make even the smallest improvement... Hmmmm...  🤔
Somewhere here didn't we post photos of our shops, you'll find 4 photos of mine in a complete 360 degrees.
If I had to unpack and repack tools every time I wouldn't be in my shop most the time. I would think about purchasing a building like I did. I think it was only about $5000 for my 12foot x 20foot of course I did have to electrify it, insulate pull paneling in, and run various things like the dust collection etc. but, I was able to do it just by saving a few dollars here and there.

FABphones

Quote from: RDPipes on December 16, 2022, 03:38:08 PMSomewhere here didn't we post photos of our shops...

When I saw your photo I thought we may have. The thread for my little workshop (approx 8ft 2" x 9ft 10") build is here:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=23861

Purchasing another building is not an option, but in due course the possibility may arise to expand out a little or rebuild into another part of the stone building which contains my existing workshop.

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on December 16, 2022, 04:48:48 PMWhen I saw your photo I thought we may have. The thread for my little workshop (approx 8ft 2" x 9ft 10") build is here:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=23861

Purchasing another building is not an option, but in due course the possibility may arise to expand out a little or rebuild into another part of the stone building which contains my existing workshop.

Believe it or not I had just about all of what's in my shop now except the dust collector and table saw in a 12' x 8' shop for several years, its just how you organize and make use of the space. I had a hall way in and out of the shop but I didn't need anymore and could just about reach everything on both sides of the shop sitting at my bench.  The blank space on the wall in the 2nd photo is where the A/C unit went.