zapper's WECo 1A Speakerphone for $120 BIN on ebaY
10 (31.3%)
southernphoneman's Mickey Mouse Phone
3 (9.4%)
unbeldi's Set of 4 302's: Peking Red, Old Rose, Ivory & Black
17 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

AE_Collector

Post your "Finds of the Month" for February 2013 here.

"Finds of the Month" are items that you acquired this month that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Terry

MagicMo

Thinking out loud....I wonder if the Picturephone will be someone else's find of the month in February. Did that ever happen before? I'm just curious along with the fact I am trying to distract myself from obsessively checking my Auction every second.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

AdamAnt316

Well, since we don't yet know if the Picturephone is going to a forum member, I'll get things kicked off nicely. Fresh from the first Sunday flea market of the month, an 18-button Western Electric Call Director, which I picked up for $5! No idea if it works, since I don't have a key system to hook it to, but it's pretty neat regardless.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8689.0

dsk

Long time between the fine phones here, but today:
I have to guess about the make, My guess is aStandard Electric.  Again the dial are unmarked, so you have to look at the pictures. Dials was imported from USA at that time, so again S.E.?? The phone has some problems. The induction Coils missing, the hings are missing and the screws for fixing the 1000 ohms ringer.

Please help to identify. http://tinyurl.com/almw3sn
Edit: 7/2-23
1) its working now!
2) Im pretty shure it is a Standard Electric, nown here as modell 1929

And for those who are interested in costs: NOK 300 or nearly $55

Could it be eqal to this Standard Electric:http://tinyurl.com/b5k8fpn
It looks quite like this one from W.E. http://tinyurl.com/bj26llr
But this S.E. has the same dial. http://tinyurl.com/a7blow2

dsk

Some more pictures here:http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/dsk/library/Telephone/SE_192X

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Mr. Bones

Submitted, for your approval: What I perceive to be a 6/62 Stromberg Carlson 1543WIK... I found it a hard-to-beat value, at $10.00.

The phone arrived early, with zero damage, was packed extremely well, and was plug 'n' play right out of the Med Priority Shipping box.

Mod cord, (curable ;), but made it easy to test quickly)  :) Dial tone, calls out, receives, and rings nicely. Strangely enough, these are all things I prize in a telephone! ;)

I'm reasonably sure that I'm far from the exotica that will occur this month,
but thought I'd toss my hat in the ring, nonetheless....

Plus, now I have another Medium Priority Box, plus dust from South Dakota, to add to my other collections! :D

Best regards,

Terrence

(Fixed the third pic; sorry for the duplication!) ::)
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Nick in Manitou

Terrence,

It may not be exotic, but I like the way these things look.

I have a 1443 that looks almost identical and I think it looks great...and it is great that it works!

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on February 13, 2013, 09:24:38 PM
Terrence,

It may not be exotic, but I like the way these things look.

I have a 1443 that looks almost identical and I think it looks great...and it is great that it works!

Nick, I concur wholeheartedly; as best as I can tell, they represent 'The Last of the 'Art Deco' Mohicans', style-wise. 8) 8)

Any 41 year-old, plug n play, rotary-dial telephone, especially for $10/ea., seems worthy of note, to me. Ymmv. ;)

Best regards,

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Hello,
I was recently gaven a 1956 Mediteranian blue from another old phone collecter. It seems to be older by its updated 1957 refurb but who knows. So I don't know if I qualify.

Pictures posted:

LM Ericsson

Of course you do qualify!! Was it free?
Regards,
-Grayson

WesternElectricBen

Sorta, a phone collecter I met from Lancaster sent it to me. He is really nice guy!

Grayson, its all about meeting the right people! Haha

Ben

paul-f

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on February 18, 2013, 11:16:05 PM

I was recently gaven a 1957 Mediteranian blue from another old phone collecter. It seems to be older by its updated 1957 refurb but who knows. So I don't know if I qualify.

How did you determine it was made in 1957?

From the photo of the bottom of your set, the bottom stamping identifies it as a 500DR (we know it has a dial, so it's not a 500C).  the -57 is the color code for Blue (later called Dark or Mediterranean Blue).

The original date and model code were painted over, so it was clearly refurbed.  The refurb code, seems to date that work in IV 55 - Fourth quarter of 1955.

Therefore, it's probably older than 1957.  (Or made a trip in the DeLorean.)

Check the dates on the network inside, and other internal components.  You should be able to guess what parts were original and which updated in later refurb(s).

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

George Knighton

A 500U from eBay for $123 + $10 shipping.

I'll have to find a light hood, and I'll have to use one of my own transformers, but, still, seems to be a decent buy.

:-)

Annoying new poster.

DavePEI

Quote from: George Knighton on February 20, 2013, 11:04:19 AM
A 500U from eBay for $123 + $10 shipping.

I'll have to find a light hood, and I'll have to use one of my own transformers, but, still, seems to be a decent buy.

:-)

You lucky Dawg, George! Nice! :D

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: paul-f on February 20, 2013, 12:01:02 AM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on February 18, 2013, 11:16:05 PM

I was recently gaven a 1957 Mediteranian blue from another old phone collecter. It seems to be older by its updated 1957 refurb but who knows. So I don't know if I qualify.

How did you determine it was made in 1957?

From the photo of the bottom of your set, the bottom stamping identifies it as a 500DR (we know it has a dial, so it's not a 500C).  the -57 is the color code for Blue (later called Dark or Mediterranean Blue).

The original date and model code were painted over, so it was clearly refurbed.  The refurb code, seems to date that work in IV 55 - Fourth quarter of 1955.

Therefore, it's probably older than 1957.  (Or made a trip in the DeLorean.)

Check the dates on the network inside, and other internal components.  You should be able to guess what parts were original and which updated in later refurb(s).

After checking it out it is mostly 1956, I'l update it! Thanks