10 (31.3%)
southernphoneman's Mickey Mouse Phone
3 (9.4%)
unbeldi's Set of 4 302's: Peking Red, Old Rose, Ivory & Black
17 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: George Knighton on February 20, 2013, 11:04:19 AM
A 500U from eBay for $123 + $10 shipping.

I'll have to find a light hood, and I'll have to use one of my own transformers, but, still, seems to be a decent buy.

:-)

Haha! I was watching that phone wishing to buy it!! Good luck!
Ben

zapper

I will submit my recent e bay purchase BIN $120.00
1950's Western Electric 1A Speaker Phone - Working
The 759A speaker is already listed on e bay and today I went to my first estate sale in 3 weeks and found a 760A loudspeaker.

cello973

Quote from: zapper on February 22, 2013, 04:18:28 PM
I will submit my recent e bay purchase BIN $120.00
1950's Western Electric 1A Speaker Phone - Working
The 759A speaker is already listed on e bay and today I went to my first estate sale in 3 weeks and found a 760A loudspeaker.

Nice!

I saw this one and got trigger shy for fear my wife would finally kill me.... (did i mention that she is an artist with the shotgun  :o )
Vince

AE_Collector

So you missed your opportunity to have her change her tune to allowing you to buy phones when ever you want to! You buy this one at $120 and a week or two later you have resold it for $1500 or so splitting the profit with her all in the name of not having her ever complain (shoot you) about buying phones ever again!

Terry

cello973

Terry,

I wasn't willing to chance it, the good woman lets me get away with a lot... ;D.
Vince

cello973

Oh and yes... she was looking over my shoulder during my last post :)
Vince

DavePEI

Quote from: southernphoneman on February 26, 2013, 05:20:58 PM
hi,i just received another phone to add to my collection. it is a early 1990s mickey mouse phone with the red at&t 210 trimline handset. everything on this phone works. my parents have one so i decided that it was time to add mickey to my collection.
I have a 70s Mickey with a G handset (yellow) in the museum - the kids love it!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

unbeldi

George Knighton

Quote from: unbeldi on February 27, 2013, 01:46:27 AM
My favorite telephone color has been red for some reason and for some time. ...

There's definitely a charm to the coloured 302's.  I have an Ivory and an Old Rose.  I've never found a Red that I thought was worth buying...they always seem to have a fatal flaw when they come up.

Tried to bite the bullet and pay a high price for a Green, but somebody snagged it a couple of hours before I contacted the owner!

:-)

But I know I'm lucky to have the Old Rose and the Ivory.
Annoying new poster.

George Knighton

And I've got a mushroom hood in the post, evidently.  Can't wait for it to get here.  

The light works...courtesy of a box of old transformers from my 701/702 experiments...just need the hood to make it do what it's supposed to do (shine in a useful way!).

Annoying new poster.

Doug Rose

Quote from: unbeldi on February 27, 2013, 01:46:27 AM
My favorite telephone color has been red for some reason and for some time. Although the red  (-53, cherry red) of the WE 500-series can be very beautiful with sufficient lighting, I have always been disappointed by its dullness in low light conditions.

This was the original reason I got interested in the earlier 302 series of telephones, because I had seen there was a red one. One that looked so bright and attention-getting. But when I followed online sales, it dawned on me that I would perhaps never have one; why spend many hundreds or a thousand $$ on a phone when I already had piles of boxes of phones and I wasn't using them. And where else would I find one in good condition and most importantly in a reasonable amount of time until satisfaction, but online?

Anyhow... to make a long story short, my submission to the Find of the Month club here is the fulfillment of that desire: A Peking Red plastic 302 of the year 1953 in excellent condition, celebrating its 60th birthday this April with me!

It even has the original factory dial card, of very cool two-layer construction.

Hope you enjoy as well, if only by the pictures.
Karl....your Red 302 is outstanding. You should be very proud!....Doug
Kidphone

unbeldi

unbeldi

Mr. Bones

WOW!!!

You had quite the week! All real beauties, too! Got any higher res pics? I think this might be my desktop for a while! :D Looks like maybe my annual phone budget is sitting there :o :o

Enjoy your new finds, and best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Doug Rose

Beautiful!! ....simpply beautiful....Doug
Kidphone