11 (55%)
Unbeldi's brown two-tone model 1543FK Price not revealed
6 (30%)
WDS' Western Electric Pocket Watch battery tester.  $35
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Dave F on September 25, 2013, 11:21:45 PM
I would like to nominate this 1956 NOS Rose Beige 554 which I just won on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300968075576

Very expensive, to be sure, but a really rare and beautiful phone.

DF

I was bidding on that too, sorry I ended up just running up the bid...

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

I was thinking about bidding on that 554, but with the number of bids spiking, I decided not to.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

I was at the highest bid at about 52.00 for about 4 days on the Soft Plastic 554 Dave. F won.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

WE Candlestick Update!

I just got the phone yesterday, and I didn't even powder coat anything yet!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on September 26, 2013, 06:06:13 PM
WE Candlestick Update!

I just got the phone yesterday, and I didn't even powder coat anything yet!

Looks great, I really need to get a project candlestick.. Or let me repair/restore my pile of 50 or so phones.... :)

Ben

unbeldi

unbeldi

baldopeacock

That is a looker.  I like the S-Cs, just enough different from the WE to be interesting in their own right.

sebbel

I'd like to nominate my Northern Electric Calculagraph. At $50, local pickup, and in working order I think it was a great deal.  I'd say they are pretty rare since the would have only been in use in limited places and quickly replace with newer models.

Seb.

wds

Just for the fun of it I'll nominate my Western Electric Pocket Watch battery tester.  $35  Pretty rare it seems.
Dave

AE_Collector

Okay, another RECORD month for Find of the Month submissions. Generally I think 15 entries to choose from is hard to deal with so I am only giving 3 votes each this month. That should make it easier to place your votes than last month where I got a bit carried away initially with 6 votes each over 18 entries.

What I will do is if a clear winner looks to be in the works I will let the voting go for a week or so but if it is looking like a tie between several entrants I wil ldo the same as last month and have a run off from the short list of potential winners.

Everyone starts with THREE VOTES so please use all three.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John. To check them out -> Click Here <-

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, Run Off Vote time for the "Find of the Month" for September 2013. The logical cut off point seemed to be below 5 votes at this point in time so we have a run off for 4 items.

TWO VOTES EACH this round and soon we will know who the winner is.

Thanks everyone...

To see the votes cast in the first round go to the first post of this thread.

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, that's it for this month! A Very tight race here yet again and I really want to thank all of the participants including those that didn't survive the first cut.

Unbeldi's 1958 Mahogany Brown 564H key set that he got for $319 delivered IS the trophy this month! Congratulations Unbeldi. Frequently anything that cost very much doesn't win the Find of the Month so it is refreshing to see a pricy phone take the award this month.

And thanks to everyone who voted. I appreciate the extra effort to vote twice when we have a Run Off vote like his month.

Terry

unbeldi

AE_Collector

Well put Unbeldi. It was a diverse crowd this month. A sign of the maturing of CRPF! Thanks for the group picture of the final four.

Terry