Kellogg 900 pyramid wiring diagram

Started by david@london, December 04, 2013, 06:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david@london

diagram

unbeldi

Quote from: david@london on December 04, 2013, 06:37:53 AM
diagram
Would you please read the dates off the original of this diagram in the lower right hand corner and correct my reading of them, they are barely resolved.
9 26 38
4 12 ??
4 21 36
1 24 35

There is so little detailed historical information available on Kellogg equipment that the diagrams can help establish time lines.
Thanks.

david@london

unbeldi -
unfortunately i don't have the diagram. it comes from a series of photos in a recent ebay sale.

the best i can hazard on these figures (from larger image in sale info plus magnifying glass) are.........

9 26 36
4 27 36
4 27 36
1 24 35
        PC
...................the diagram also appears on the kellogg page :

link to pdf ...........http://tinyurl.com/db6pt8

unbeldi

Quote from: david@london on December 05, 2013, 05:59:40 AM
unbeldi -
unfortunately i don't have the diagram. it comes from a series of photos in a recent ebay sale.............http://tinyurl.com/ofjlg3z

the best i can hazard on these figures (from larger image in sale info plus magnifying glass) are.........

9 26 36
4 27 36
4 27 36
1 24 35
       PC
...................the diagram also appears on the kellogg page (pdf) :

http://tinyurl.com/db6pt8
Thank you!  I have a copy of this diagram too, probably from this bundle you quoted, but that PDF file is so poorly executed and the dates cannot be read. I don't know why someone would go through the trouble of scanning and then producing somewhat useless diagrams.  Kellogg diagrams are often quite cryptic, and most of the time there is no correlation to the phone model. Just publishing diagrams without context or dating is such a waste of time and unfortunately the TCI library has this affliction often too.

LarryInMichigan

Note that this diagram is for the version of the phone which was connected to a subset.  There is also a version with an internal network and ringer.

Larry

unbeldi

I worked/cleaned up the eBay image quite a bit and tried to remove some of the distortion due to the curvature of the paper. PDF is attached.

david@london

......msg i received from seller -

Thank you for your interest in this phone. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you as I was waiting to hear back from my consignor. Here is what he told me about the schematic: "it was tucked away neatly inside the phone. I only discovered it when I took it apart to clean it.

"Those figures are pretty hard to make out in person if not for my trusty magnifying glass. There are 4 rows of numbers with 3 numbers on each row followed by the letter "PC" on the bottom. The numbers in order are 9, 26, 38, 4, 17, 38, 4, 27, 36, 1, 24, 35. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

unbeldi

Quote from: david@london on December 05, 2013, 09:05:59 PM
......msg i received from seller -

Thank you for your interest in this phone. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you as I was waiting to hear back from my consignor. Here is what he told me about the schematic: "it was tucked away neatly inside the phone. I only discovered it when I took it apart to clean it.

"Those figures are pretty hard to make out in person if not for my trusty magnifying glass. There are 4 rows of numbers with 3 numbers on each row followed by the letter "PC" on the bottom. The numbers in order are 9, 26, 38, 4, 17, 38, 4, 27, 36, 1, 24, 35. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for the effort of contacting the seller.  Wow.
And wow... I only got 2 digits wrong in my first reading, aside from the 38 I just couldn't read.
So the corrected revision dates are:

9/26/38
4/17/38
4/27/36
1/24/35

wds

I'm surprised that there aren't any wiring diagrams in the TCI library for the 900.  Here's one I found in a manual 900 I'm working on. Two dates on the bottom are 4-27-36 & 1-24-35

The second diagram is for common battery.
Dave

unbeldi

Quote from: cloyd on March 08, 2015, 04:51:11 PM
Does anyone know where I could get the schematic for the 900 with the internal network and ringer?  The necessary parts list would be a big help also!
Tina

I don't think the 900 ever had a network. It came with discrete induction coil booster circuit or with the triad AST circuit, or with external subset box.
Here are the pages for the 900-type from the 1941 Kellogg catalog.

The first "network" type was the 1000 (Redbar).

PS:  the post before this one is truncating the entire thread.  It probably contains a bad image upload. This has been fixed, error dialog deleted.

Contempra

hmmm..Why 2 pages for just 4 messages ?....