News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My "new" 616

Started by m1898, December 10, 2013, 11:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1898

This is my "new" 61610 system. The display is something I just threw together. I have a programming phone and spare 616 coming soon.   Jim

"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

m1898

Thank you Bill. The biggest problem I have is which phones to use, but that is a good problem I think. The wife put her foot down and told me I had to put it in my room only. She did not want the box anywhere else, no problem.
                     Jim
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

Contempra

I hope that they don't ring all together m1898 :D because...your Neighbors... you know what I mean ? ;)

m1898

My neighbors aren't that close to me. I unplug the CO line when the wife sleeps. Like I said elsewhere, I never wake up grouchy, I let her sleep. I won't have to worry about the CO line after the 15th, as it will be shut off. Tht"s part of the reason I got the 616 was the phone bill. Almost 40.00 per month for a no-frills line, it won't take long for the 616 to pay for itself.                        Jim

WesternElectricBen

I have always wanted to hook my display up to the 616. I think its cool how they are wired to original jacks, I would like to do that too, but my dad wouldn't like all the holes in the wall.

Ben

m1898

Mine is not mounted to the wall. I made a free-standing cabinet to put it in. To keep it from falling over, I put 1X2s under the front. The only thing mounted to the wall is the board with the wall phones. You could make a cabinet type unit out of 1X6s or 1X8s tall enough to mount wall phones to.

m1898

Got a second 616 for a backup, just in case. As of this last weekend we no longer have POTS (didn't use it much anyway). Told the wife I didn't need it anymore.               Jim