News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - May 2017

Started by AE_Collector, February 28, 2017, 12:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - May 2017  ***VOTE FOR 3***

Fabius' AT&T 12 unit coaxial cable Lucite paperweight. No price disclosed...
5 (17.2%)
shadow67's rotary trimline found at an antique store for $6
4 (13.8%)
markosjal's Decorator era dial wood wall phone. $9.99 USD plus $15.00 Shipping
2 (6.9%)
Autonut's Northern Electric Chime Tapper for $10 Cdn ($7.50 US) on Kijiji
7 (24.1%)
Gary Millam's WE blue 302 found on ETSY For $65.00 plus $10.40 for shipping
24 (82.8%)
Sargeguy's instant collection of Telephone related Uniform Buttons $60 incl. shipping
13 (44.8%)
Vern P's early Princess Phone 3-60 & 12-62 dates. $10 at a Phone Show
5 (17.2%)
NikeTelephone's NE 2565 in white with extra exclusion switch. Garage sale find $25
4 (13.8%)
dsk's LME cast iron (?) Railroad Telephone picked up for free.
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 29

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) where and/or how the item was found.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) the forum link to the topic discussing the find.
4) the eBay link if won there.
5) and other information of importance about the find.
6) one or two pictures of the item.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include limited multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:
          --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:
          --> Photo Album <--

Terry

Fabius

I nominate my AT^T 12 unit coaxial cable Lucite paperweight. Size is 3.5 x 3.5 inches x 3/8 inch. Metric: 88.9 mm x 88.9 mm x 9.525 mm.

It is marked: 12 UNIT COAXIAL CABLE. ONE TEAM FOR SERVICE. SERVICE WITH SAFETY.

AMERICAN TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH COMPANy
LONG LINES DEPARTMENT
NORTHEASTERN AREA CONSTRUCTION

I guesstimate from about 1960/70s

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

shadow67

I would like to nominate this rotary trimline found at an antique store for $6. Has AT&T refurbished sticker on the bottom.

markosjal

I nominate this Auction find, not yet received

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Fashion-Style-Oak-Automatic-Electric-GTE-Rotary-Dial-Phone-Telephone-/152535340907

?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=t%252BiyS2f4xDmZhgcPz7SKp7LHZ9w%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$9.99 USD plus $15.00 USD Shipping

I never have seen an AE Oak phone from this era but suppose it was AE's answer to the WE Oak Phone of the same era.

Mark
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

I would like to nominate my Northern Electric Chime Tapper.

It may or may not be phone related, but it is from Northern Electric a company that did make phones.
If it doesn't fit into the contest guidelines, please feel free to remove it from the contest.

I found this at the end of April on Kijiji for $10.00 CDN. I couldn't put it for April's FOTM as I already had my bronze plaque in for that month.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18069.0

Gary Millam

I would like to nominate the WE blue 302 that I found on ETSY last week. The cost was $65.00 plus $10.40 for shipping. It arrived yesterday and it is in excellent condition. No cracks or chips in the housing or handset. It is dated 5/52 through out the phone and it has a 5J dial. It had a black coiled handset cord and a flat gray modular line cord which I removed. One photo of the original ETSY purchase order, 2 pics of how it was shown on the Etsy ad and a couple of pics after I cleaned it up a bit.

Gary Millam

Doug Rose

Gary....happy for you.....what a great find!!! Everyone is thinking the same thing, why did I stop watching ESTY?  I never found anything   Congrats....Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Gary Millam

Doug:
Thanks so much for the kind words. I am so thrilled with my blue 302! I never thought I would ever own one as they are always way out of my price range on Ebay.
It is no doubt the greatest phone find for me in my 25 + years of looking.

Gary

Vern P

I would like to nomination my WE Yellow Princess phone, sorry no photos.

The base is a 3-60 (Princess came out in 1959) all the rest of the phone is dated 12-62. The book says that Yellow came out in 1963, so this one is a re-frub with some of the first Yellow made.  This is a local phone. Not a lot of Princess phone were use in Utah, don't know way. I just know I have not found many over the 30 years of collecting.

This came from a antique show, I shot the deal a low price of $10, and he took it.  This is the same dealer I got my birthday Green 500 from years ago.  It is dated 5-9-55, I was born on Mothers day 5-8-55, so no phones were made that day.  BTW I am still looking for Green hand set for the phone.

True this is no Blue 302, but still a nice find.

Vern

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

NikeTelephone

Id Like to Nominate my NE 2565...With Hook Switch!
     Garage sale find in Between Smiths falls and Belleville Ont.. Cost 25$ Poor Thing covered in many layers of dust, In amazing condition after a Good cleaning...

Thank You...
Phones, Who Knew! :)

dsk

Some days ago I was at a railroad , and they had recently modernized the signal system, and forgotten this one when they cleaned up. It has probably been in the snow during the winter, but with some fettling and new receiver an probably transmitter elements  (Only receiver element needed to be replaced) it will be in working order.  No cost except for driving and picking it up.  Oh!, its heavy!

The yellow T on blue was the railroad sign for telephone or telephone jack, it has been sprayed with some paint, I do not know how to remove it yet.

Discussion topic here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18229.0

Wiring diagram here:   http://tinyurl.com/yd7laav3

dsk

AE_Collector

Time to vote for the May 2017 "Find of the Month". There are nine entries this month so let's use three votes each to narrow down and possibly determine who has the BEST FIND for May.

Markosjal entered two items so I have kept the first and moved the second to June's contest.

Terry

AE_Collector

A reminder to vote for your favourite Finds of the Month.

Terry