Previous topic - Next topic

phonium

Got all these telephones and parts for free online recently, free shipping too
Long pole (repro), pony, and several other nice phones/parts
George Amores
ATCA#4857

FABphones

Quote from: phonium on January 31, 2022, 04:49:28 PM
Got all these telephones and parts for free online recently, free shipping too...

Some nice phones/parts there.
What is the story behind these and why were they offering them free online, with free postage?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

phonium

Don't know much about the story, but someone had posted them to a telephone group for free, and were nice enough to even pay shipping. They were not a collector (?), so they didn't know what they had
George Amores
ATCA#4857

Jim Stettler

Quote from: phonium on January 31, 2022, 04:54:38 PM
Don't know much about the story, but someone had posted them to a telephone group for free, and were nice enough to even pay shipping. They were not a collector (?), so they didn't know what they had

I would contact them, thank them again and see if they have the back story about the collection.

They gave them away as a group and paid postage. I think they knew the person who built this collection.

Just my guess,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Quote from: phonium on January 31, 2022, 04:54:38 PM
What Telephone group?
Kidphone

phonium

1. Just heard back from the guy. He actually is a collector, and these are just the items that aren't good enough to display!
2. It was on the ATCA site (Antique telephone collectors association)
George Amores
ATCA#4857