News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Wood 300K/400W? Upgrade 5 Bar Magneto

Started by Doug Rose, May 22, 2022, 01:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is very cool as WE upgraded this to a 400W? (vermillion is tough to see) and added a coil and a condenser.

My guess is WE making a Mag into a subset. Very Cool!

Crank the magneto and the Gongs ring, hook up dial tone to L1 and L2 and the Gongs ring.

I have never seen this set up before. Any info on this? Many thanks....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Very cool. I am not too sure if WE did it. Some of the wiring looks suspect, The way the ringer wires are soldered to the hinges and no spades on the ends of some wires is not very professional. Possibly a previous owner changed some wiring.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 23, 2022, 07:48:07 AMVery cool. I am not too sure if WE did it. Some of the wiring looks suspect, The way the ringer wires are soldered to the hinges and no spades on the ends of some wires is not very professional. Possibly a previous owner changed some wiring.
I thought that as well Harry, but the Vermillion got me curious....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 23, 2022, 07:48:07 AMVery cool. I am not too sure if WE did it. Some of the wiring looks suspect, The way the ringer wires are soldered to the hinges and no spades on the ends of some wires is not very professional. Possibly a previous owner changed some wiring.
Western Electric did indeed solder the wires to the hinges.

Mike

HarrySmith

Yes, they did before flexible stranded wire but they did a much neater job. Both routing & soldering was way more professional looking.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"