6 (33.3%)
3463319's WE 500 U 'mushroom', purchased for $54.00
15 (83.3%)
JimNY's 1973 WE Trimline, purchased for $16
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 15, 2022, 04:08:14 PM

Jim Stettler

Please review the overview for FOTM before nominating a phone'.
This helps keep the contest fair and consistent for everyone.

______________________________________________________________________________________________-

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it. Other than that, any discussion of or comments about the nominated phone are not allowed, FOTM nominations only. As stated below, "Ideally your item would be (first) posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum" and if so, "the forum link if discussed in another topic" is to be included in the nomination reply.

If a significant discussion of a nominated phone starts in a FOTM topic, it will be moved to a new "discussion" topic in the appropriate board and if not, then simply removed.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Shall Include:

1) where and/or how the item was found.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) the forum link to the topic discussing the find.
4) the eBay link if won there.
5) other information of importance about the find (why the item is very important to you for any reason).
6) and one or two pictures of the item.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include limited multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:

--> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:

--> Photo Album <--

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

FABphones

I would like to nominate tubaman's Norwegian Deskset, purchased for £15 + £12 postage (approximately US $31).

Thread:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26594
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

countryman

Please include this Mix & Genest ZBSA24 two-line model into your consideration.
I found it in a classified ad (eBay Kleinanzeigen) for 40 Euro delivered (38.55 $ US). It's not restored yet, but seems in good condition considering it's age.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26645.0

Kellogg Kitt

I would like to nominate my red Western Electric 500 U mushroom telephone.  I bought it at a local antique store for $50.00 ($54.00 with sales tax).

As I mentioned in my other post, I would not have known the rarity of this and probably would not have bought it if I had not happened to read about mushroom phones in this forum about two weeks before I saw this one.  Before that, I had never heard of a "mushroom phone."

Then, what luck!  Right before my eyes was a mushroom phone!

It did not have a price tag, so I asked the guy at the store how much he wanted for it.  When he said $50.00, of course, I had to say yes.  I have not cleaned it yet, but I did connect it to a Princess transformer and was glad to see that the light still works.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26654

Wade

FABphones

Adding JimNY's 1973 WE Trimline, purchased from an online auction for $16.

A plated WE presentation piece that commemorates 25 years of operations at the Indianapolis works, and the 141 millionth WE phone.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26667

FABphones

Find of the Month September 2022 poll is now open.
4 day poll.
Vote for 2.

:D

FABphones

The CRPF September 2022 Find of the Month winner is 3463319's
Western Electric 500 U mushroom telephone, purchased at a local antique store for $54.00.
Congratulations!

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: FABphones on October 15, 2022, 05:03:18 PMThe CRPF September 2022 Find of the Month winner is 3463319's
Western Electric 500 U mushroom telephone, purchased at a local antique store for $54.00.
Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Mike

Doug Rose

Quote from: FABphones on October 15, 2022, 05:03:18 PMThe CRPF September 2022 Find of the Month winner is 3463319's
Congratulations!

Wonderful Phone in outstanding condition. Great Find!...congrats.....Doug
Kidphone

Kellogg Kitt

Thank you everyone!  I feel honored to have won on my first FOTM entry, especially with my being somewhat new around here.

Again, I thank this forum for my good fortune.  As I mentioned in some of my earlier posts about this, if I had not read about "mushroom phones" here, I would have had no idea what I was looking at, and I would have walked right on by without buying it.
Wade