News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Three Slot WE Payphone Need Help

Started by RoatryPhoneLover_2000, September 09, 2022, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

I have attached higher resolution jpeg diagrams in both of the above 2 posts.

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Hi, I am very busy so on the weekend or next Monday I'll send what is wired where. 

TelePlay

Quote from: RoatryPhoneLover_2000 on September 13, 2022, 09:03:48 AMHi, I am very busy so on the weekend or next Monday I'll send what is wired where. 

As requested here is the wiring diagram with only the physical components, all wires have been removed, so you can use this to record exactly how your phone is wired as received.

Note: A few components (the hopper, electromagnet and ringer) are not parts of your phone

poplar1

I am using an older BSP (C64.246  issue 1, 5-1-1951), but it has a similar -- if not the same -- diagram as Reply #29 to your post.

BSP Section C64.246 i1 (issue 1) is in the TCI library. Go to telephonecollectors.info and do a "basic search" for C64.246. Figure 5 shows the 193G.

The induction coil in the diagram is a 101B: Note the "M" terminal. "RR" on the 101B = "L1" on a 101A. (Since the M terminal is not being used, you can substitute a 101A if you don't have a 101B.)

Note to moderators: I can do a screen capture, but it is not very good resolution:

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

Stan sent me this photo showing which terminals need to be jumpered if you are missing the other parts on your coin hopper.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Payphone installer

You have a 193 post pay set I would clear all the crap out of the inside and restore it. The coin chute in the phone is rare. The chute alone is worth a hundred bucks.

RoatryPhoneLover_2000

Hello, thanks for responding I am almost there with the phone getting to work.  Thank you for letting me know the phone still has a long time before this phone will be restored but I am almost done getting it to work properly.