News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Do you use a Telephone Analyzer????

Started by jfrutschy, December 10, 2012, 02:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Did someone snag the BK 1050 Tel Line Tester that had been on ebaY for $330 (or was it $360?)? I just noticed it was sold for $150 so not sure if they dropped the price or if it had a make an offer option but someo got it for $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150957939459

Terry

jfrutschy

Hey Guys, I got that BK 1050 on ebay for $150,  Whatch Think

jfrutschy

kleenax

You did well, and as long as it works properly, you will love it!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

jfrutschy

Figured the BK1050 out quickly. (Utube Videos) :D  You guys are the best.  Thank you again..      And...my FIRST two restorations are ALIVE and Ringing....Pix this weekend.   Thank You Thank You Thank You.

AE_Collector

Quote from: jfrutschy on January 08, 2013, 10:17:26 PM
Figured the BK1050 out quickly. (Utube Videos) :D  You guys are the best.  Thank you again..      And...my FIRST two restorations are ALIVE and Ringing....Pix this weekend.   Thank You Thank You Thank You.

Did it have a "Make an Offer" option or did they suddenly drop the price and you were at the right place at the right time? In any event, nice going!

Terry

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

DavePEI

Panasonic 616 discussions in this thread have been moved to the Panasonic board:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8531.0

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

teka-bb

Hi Dave,

Are you still looking for the BK Precision 1045A telephone product tester instruction card.

If yes I will make a proper scan of it.

BTW I also found the schematic and parts list in case anyone is interested.
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

DavePEI

Quote from: teka-bb on September 14, 2013, 04:08:38 PM
Hi Dave,

Are you still looking for the BK Precision 1045A telephone product tester instruction card.

If yes I will make a proper scan of it.

BTW I also found the schematic and parts list in case anyone is interested.
Thanks... I don't really need it but it will be nice to have a copy in case I put it out in the museum for people to use. Right now, I use it only in the workshop/office of the museum, and as I am used to using it it wouldn't help me.

I gave the Radio Shack analyzer to Terry as a gift for his new workshop! Although both will do the same jobs, the BK is smaller and takes up less space in the workshop..

I am sure there are others who will be glad to see it posted!

Thanks,

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

At the Lancaster phone show today, with many other phones, (I'l post once they arrive,) I scored a BK 1050 from Ray (kleenax) for a very handsome price. (Thanks again, Ray.)

I'm looking forward to learning it, as it seems more complex than the 1045.

Ben

cihensley@aol.com

I have a BK1050 with manual and parts list. $100.00 (includes shipping) if anyone is interested,

Chuck

*** Confirmed with Chuck that this was SOLD ***

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: jfrutschy on December 10, 2012, 02:53:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

Do most of you use a analyzer to test your phones or just use your telephone line in?

The latter, but I run a line in from our office jack to a 308 PBX.  Plugging a phone into an extension on the PBX has sufficed as my "tester".

Quote from: jfrutschy on December 10, 2012, 02:53:25 PM
Is it worth my time to purchase one of these machines???

John

Can't answer the second question because that's up to you to decide if it's worth your while.  I can only speak for myself when I say I don't really have a need (or space) for an actual tester.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WesternElectricBen

The BK 1050 I received is a fantastic tool, although I have a couple questions. On the right side of the unit, there are some settings, (buttons,) pos/neg terminals, and a read out like a multi-meter would have, does it have a built in one? Or what does it do/test?

Thanks,
Ben

unbeldi

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 19, 2014, 09:39:44 PM
The BK 1050 I received is a fantastic tool, although I have a couple questions. On the right side of the unit, there are some settings, (buttons,) pos/neg terminals, and a read out like a multi-meter would have, does it have a built in one? Or what does it do/test?

Thanks,
Ben
This is from memory...
The meter can be connected to various functions of the test set, and for some the buttons provide multiple ranges of measurement.  Perhaps you discovered this already. Some functions are internal testing operations used with other parts of the unit, some are to measure input and output.  For example, the red and black banana jacks provide a variable DC output that is adjusted with the knob. The buttons select the range of the voltmeter display.  If you connect another voltmeter to the red and black banana jacks it should match what the internal meter displays. This could be used to provide DC for a telephone under test.

There is also a variable audio frequency output and the meter would show its signal strength. There is an audio input too, IIRC, and the meter should measure its RMS voltage, like VU meter.

I think one measurement mode displays the power drawn on the 120V outlet in the front, but I have to look at the details to be sure.
It would be good for you to find a manual.

unbeldi

Have you tested the basic functions, like testing a modular cord, decoding the dial pulses/DTMF from a telephone, ring a telephone?  The are located in the middle part of the front panel.